• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New (minor but annoying) issue:

My review average is 2.47 stars. On the "Reviews" tab this correctly displays the "Average" as 2.5 stars. In contrast, the "Profile" page displays my "Total Reviews/Avg. Score" as 2 stars.

Outstanding issues, originally reported on September 3rd:

When I do a course map search and filter for a rating of 3.5 and above the filter lets through a bunch of courses with ratings from 3.0 to 3.5. This is the case whether I search for 3.5 to "any", or 3.5 to 5.0.

Edit: Strangely, filtering for 4.0 and above seems to work fine. Maybe need another digit in the filter algorithm?

Do you have an estimate when the old achievement levels might be restored? There included:

Courses played;
States played;
Countries played;
New courses added;
Reviews submitted;
Course pictures, files, and links added;
Course condition updates;
Etc.

I know quite a few folks who work to achieve these goals, so restoring them could help keep people engaged with the site.

Big thanks for fixing the other issues I and others have reported!

Last edited:
Yeah - I have a couple more things too but I'm trying not to overload the staff any more than I imagine they already are. The other things I have can wait. The biggest thing for me is the home page and I'm glad to see the confirmation that it's being thought through again.

Keep up the great work!

Previous version of DGCR course page had a files tab, where we could load a course map. Why was that eliminated??

I don't see any way to pull up a course map, now.

Previous version of DGCR course page had a files tab, where we could load a course map. Why was that eliminated??

I don't see any way to pull up a course map, now.
I had to get used to this change too (and all the other shifted formatting), only until I realized it's on the course info page in grey text to the right of Links and Files, just above Location. Add link or Add file.

I had to get used to this change too (and all the other shifted formatting), only until I realized it's on the course info page in grey text to the right of Links and Files, just above Location. Add link or Add file.
Found it. Thanks!

I also miss seeing how many courses I've played in common with other users.
That's been fixed. If you go to their profile, it's there under courses. You and I have played 13 courses in common (1st attached screen shot).

Olorin an I have played 62 in common (2nd attached sceeen shot).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230918-142757.png
    Screenshot_20230918-142757.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230918-143028.png
    Screenshot_20230918-143028.png
    227.8 KB · Views: 0
That's been fixed. If you go to their profile, it's there under courses. You and I have played 13 courses in common (1st attached screen shot).

if you don't have any courses in common, that doesn't show up (0 courses in common with you), i think it should still

I completely agree!
It's a much better feature than prior to the update. If you click on the number of courses in common, it will also name which courses are in common, and the dates both of you have played it for the first time. Olorin and I have 95 courses in common, Bogey and I have some work to do with 0.

I added a course a couple of weeks ago and it is not showing up on the course map. The course is Whispering Ridge Park DGC in Omaha, NE. I entered it as a practice course, as there are no tee markers for the three baskets. I've selected the practice course filter, so that isn't the issue. If I need to do something different when adding a course, please let me know. Thanks

Homepage: the gallery of newly-added courses appears to have the same course three times (Parque Christiana)
Noticed this too. I think the user may have accidentally added the course 3 times? But either way seems like something for the staff to look at.

Noticed this too. I think the user may have accidentally added the course 3 times? But either way seems like something for the staff to look at.
Yeah, the course ID is different for all three.

I think this has been raised before, but I notice it when I add course photos. Since the changeover, holes photos appear in "reverse" order (starting with Hole#18 or #9, and counting down).

The software used to display them by ascending hole order, and then I could adjust the order of multiple photos for any hole (I used to go with Tee Sign / Tee / Mid-Fairway / Approach / Basket to Tee).

Is all this gone - or am I doing it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.