• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It Finally Happened!!!

sub ceroh

Birdie Member
Today I decided to play despite the heavy winds and I lost my first disc (Innova DX Wraith 167g). I am still fairly new so I knew it would happen sooner or later. Thank You to all that have been supportive in my time of loss. :(

Yeah, he was a good disc, flew straight and true. Now he's gone to the place where discs go after this round in the game called life. We will miss him and will mark his passing with fond memories and tears as we ponder the last great mystery of DG, why do we always lose our favorite discs, why, Why, WHY???? (sob, sniff)

LOL...I've lost six discs on two holes! It was mostly my friends horrid throwing. I only threw two of them, but they were all my discs.

we ponder the last great mystery of DG, why do we always lose our favorite discs, why, Why, WHY???? (sob, sniff)

C'mon now... this is no great mystery.

By definition, a favorite disc is a disc we throw often. More tosses = more chances to get lost. We never lose the discs we don't like because they stay safe in the bag.

By definition, a favorite disc is a disc we throw often. More tosses = more chances to get lost. We never lose the discs we don't like because they stay safe in the bag.

Or because we simply don't care if we lose them. Poor, unwanted, unloved discs...

Refer to thread "Dilemma" in General Disc Golf Chat, entry #29 dated 11/21/2008. Or the other million or so times this has been mentioned around the DG community.

Last edited:
LOL...I've lost six discs on two holes! It was mostly my friends horrid throwing. I only threw two of them, but they were all my discs.

yah the same happened to me. i was with some friends who had only played this time and they kept throwing discs and i made the mistake of assuming they were going and getting them everytime and i lost like 4 discs in one game. i was so pissed:mad:

Only two of the discs I cared about and one I lost was my fav driver(whamo under) at the time. It took me a while to find a new fav, although I have a number of favs now. My roommate lost my brand spankin new champ Valkyrie, still dont understand how we couldn't find it, cause I saw it drop right behind the fence. The next hole he lost my whamo over in the woods. At least I got a good laugh from it.

My condolences to you on your tragic loss ... dont take it too hard It'll happen again ;)

i lost a 172G star roadrunner on my first toss. it went right into a mountain of leaves right in front of another three piles and i didnt see where it went. i looked for three hours over two days to no avail, and ant take a blower to it because it is a county zoo:(

It's the first of many my friend so get used to it. The more you play the higher the chance to lose em. Never fun but an unfortunate truth. sORRY DUDE.

Most important thing I've learned Friends lose discs don't let them use them, make them buy their own and sign a contract that says they will buy you multiple discs if they lose one of yours. Really I just let them rock my dragon now, after a few of my favorite discs were lost I got a couple used ones from Play it Again sports and let them at it.

I haven't lost one yet, but I know my day is coming. I spent most of my first few months tramping around in the woods looking for my bad throws. I found 4 discs in 2 months, all without names or #s (one had the initials M.G. and nothing more). Now that I spend more time in the fairway, I have stopped finding discs. When my day comes and I send one out never to be found, I know it's gonna hurt. If it doesn't find it's way home, I'll try to think of it as returning to the sport what was once given to me. I also keep a bag of old discs around that my non-DGer friends can use when they want to play, discs that won't hurt so bad if they vanish.

My brother lost his first putter yesterday. We were playing a course we had never played ,and the basket was up on a hill. We didn't know what behind the basket was a very steep drop off what led down to a creek. He threw his putt, missed, and the disc rolled down the hill into the creek. He tried to get it out, but it was gone. He quit playing after that and is very bummed right now. Goodbye Champ Avair.

How about this, threw a disc and got an ace!! I should go ahead and retire the disk, nope had to throw it into a tree over 150 ft up, three hours later and still no disc (the tree was impossible to climb), I figured it would come down in the nite so I got up went to the course to look for it the next day, and it was gone.. :(

How about this, threw a disc and got an ace!! I should go ahead and retire the disk, nope had to throw it into a tree over 150 ft up, three hours later and still no disc (the tree was impossible to climb), I figured it would come down in the nite so I got up went to the course to look for it the next day, and it was gone.. :(

Tell Super Squirrel to give it back, if you dare! :D

Latest posts