• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I've been labeled a hipster for my DIY custom bag

Is this bag hipster?

• Yes

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • This is dumb.

Votes: 69 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigdan

But isn't there a little hipster hiding inside each of us? No? Well maybe I am a hipster, but I have the illest bag on the block and it only cost me three dolla bills for supplies. The bag turns twenty this year, having spent most of its childhood trapped in abusive relationships. Now it finally has the glory it's always deserved.

My friends told me that I should post pictures here to see whether the disc golf community would love this bag or feel appalled by the raggedy, chaotic appearance. So I opened an Instagram account and posted some pics here, http://instagram.com/malcolmxlovesu , you should check them out. I hope they prove that you don't need to spend money for a good disc golf bag. Just find glue, safety pins, twine, and random fabric around the house to add whatever compartments are needed.

Custom DIY bags are the only way to go, imo.

P.S. I mixed up an Amazon review in my photos while uploading, feel free to skip through that one. All other pics are of the bag.

oops i voted too fast. i said no when i meant to say this is dumb cuz well this is dumb. who cares. whatever gets you through the round.

oops i voted too fast. i said no when i meant to say this is dumb cuz well this is dumb. who cares. whatever gets you through the round.

haha, well mostly I am trying to show how easy it is to make a disc golf bag. I hate how the major brands charge so much for bags and everyone buys them because that's all they see among good players. One of the best parts of disc golf is that it doesn't require a lot of money to be good. We can't go totally corporate or we'll just wind up being golf.

But I don't really care if it's hipster. Just throwing it out there, mate.

There are a lot of motivations for doing something yourself. Many of them are practical.

Its only "hipster" if you did it to show how much better and cooler you are than people who just forked over their money. To me, its more "hipster" that you made this thread as if the rest of us are supposed to care.

I'm thinking the label slingers are actually literate. It ain't the DIY, it's the MIY (Making It Yours).

But it's still dumb. "The dumb succumb, the smart just fart." Or something like that.

hipster.jpg

^Do you look like this guy?

If so, then you are a definitely a hipster.

No, the bag says Abercrombie & Fitch, which means you have sold out to the Man and the cool kids have left you in the dust.

Its only "hipster" if you did it to show how much better and cooler you are than people who just forked over their money. To me, its more "hipster" that you made this thread as if the rest of us are supposed to care.

couldn't agree more....plus the CARPE DISCUS doesn't help your cause either.

Buying a quality bag that's made to carry discs isn't going to hurt disc golf. If anything, it shows how organized the sport is. I have bags from four of the top manufacturers and I also carry a regular backpack sometimes, and I also have a camel back pack. It's all about how you feel with your own personal style. If you wanted us to say you are a hipster, well. You've only shown me a bag. I would need to see your whole look. But the bag just screams I'm poor and can't afford a decent bag, or you are too cheap to buy a decent bag.

Who cares what we think, as long as you are a polite disc golfer. Happy discing!

I would assume that anyone asking if this is hipster the answer is no.

I put don't care, because a disc golf bag doesn't seem like the thing a hipster would care about.

I gotta agree with VoR here (and that pains me), but that is one ugly ass broke down bag.

just do your thing, man

as long as you do it for you, who cares?

if you do it to get style points and attention from strangers then you have problems

as for the "hipster" nature of the bag itself, i didn't notice a pbr patch or an ironic mustache so maybe not, but i'm not really into labels

You gots an ugly bag, and it doesn't look very practical or durable. But do what you want.
That bag looks more freegan than hipster. I'd imagine a hipster bag being more "antique". Like a converted piece of luggage or something.

Here in the South, that is what we call "[racial slur]-rigged." :\

Latest posts