• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I've got blisters on mah' fingers,

Prodigy: Is there a thread they can't take over?!

I was picking at my finger and ended up ripping a bunch of dead skin off with some pliers. No pain, no bleeding, just bye-bye callous. I think I got down to the blistered layer, and it feels much much better. Gonna keep it wrapped up. My next tournament isn't til Feb 23rd, so I can take a couple weeks off and hopefully it doesn't pop right back up!

I'm not sure how it a straighter pull will help my problem, but rest assured that I'm working on it anyway!
It's not necessarily straighter that you want. It's just that certain paths won't allow you to get a rip. Here's a diagram from DGR:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/temp/arcs2-jpg.jpg

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24903

The rail on the right can easily get you a slip (note how there's no full or half hit zones or ideal release point). The hammer pound will likely lead you to the rail on the left.

futurama-season-6-20100609103054764.jpg

Good news everyone!

There was a splinter at the root of all my troubles and I just dug the rest of it out this morning. :thmbup:

nice man. Still take some care to avoid that in the future. I was recently tipped onto a billiards glove. I'm going to give that a try this year.

haha, I'll be reaching into tangled barbs of raspberry vines with my off-hand from now on, that's for sure.

I only tried gloves once, they had a nice fit but were too grippy. Idk what kind they were, but i get along fine with my hands. Melt a little snow on my fingers in the winter, and birdie bag in the summer to maintain a perfect not-too-wet, not-too-dry grip. I'm not surprised at finding a splinter, since I don't normally (ie, never!) get blisters from throwing.

Latest posts