• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jenkins/McBeth forehand (this is why we can't have nice things)

The discs I have forehand, well shoot just in San Antonio this past weekend I threw a Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc3 and even a McPro. thats ALL in one event. I even sidearm the ThunderBird when I feel like it. I did play disc golf for two years straight with only Forehands so I do know a bit of things about angles.

The discs I have forehand, well shoot just in San Antonio this past weekend I threw a Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc3 and even a McPro. thats ALL in one event. I even sidearm the ThunderBird when I feel like it. I did play disc golf for two years straight with only Forehands so I do know a bit of things about angles.
Things I didn't know...cool beans!

IIRC you said FH hyzers are not a natural motion and recommended people use overstable discs.

dream on Paul. You will never conjure as great of following.

now THAT IS a poet of the sport-- get on his level BRO.

Frisbee aint ****.

Last edited:
I have always wondered why pros including paul wont throw forehand mids or fairways much off the tee for shorter holes that finish right, i suppose it could be they r more comfortable throwing a late flip backhand. But if its under 300 and finishes right I'm forehanding a mid all day

Because they have a Firebird.

But switch it around, very rarely would u throw a firebird on a hole less than 300 feet backhand, unless theres a giant spike hyzer route which i am assuming there isnt because woods exist

IMO, it's easier to mess up towards anhyzer on a forehand, and hyzer on a backhand. So a Firebird compensates better for forehand, and mids and putters compensate better backhand.

Last edited:
IMO, it's easier to mess up towards anhyzer on a forehand, and hyzer on a backhand. So a Firebird compensates better for forehand, and mids and putters compensate better backhand.

For me its opposite.. My forehands come out with too much hyzer and never anhyzer, backhands i mostly throw flat or anhyzer

Paul, if for some reason you're still reading this thread I have a FH technique question...

You play/played baseball I remember you saying somewhere, so I'm wondering why on your FH shots you step with your right foot in front of your body. If you were to throw a baseball long distance you'd probably step behind with your right foot, or hop with your right foot kind of behind. Any reason for doing this different on your disc golf shots...like is it a release point thing or do you feel there is better power one way over the other?

The real question is if Mike C's FH form is better than Paul's... I'm surprised nobody has asked that yet. It's a fair comparison because as mentioned before they've both won the same amount of USDGC's.

The real question is if Mike C's FH form is better than Paul's... I'm surprised nobody has asked that yet. It's a fair comparison because as mentioned before they've both won the same amount of USDGC's.

surprised he hasnt piped in yet. he is not one to be modest about how far he can flick his putters

the extra motion in the windup should be a moot point in regards to a forehand or even a back hand when it comes to top level professionals.

I understand the argument that its a redundant movement and unnecessarily complicates things but at that level of play it doesn't.

its analogous to other sports the modern example is basketball shooting form (and even baseball pitching form but thats a looong discussion).

The ideal modern day basketball shooting form is Stephen Curry who has a quick shot with all the correct fundamentals but most importantly no hitch (where you slow the basketball's motion at any point during the shot). Its what allows him to get a shot off so quickly (along with great footwork) against defenders even guarding him up close at the three point line.

But to say that having a hitch is wrong is also... wrong.. because you have players like Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Dirk Nowitski, Kobe Bryant who all have prominent hitches* in their shots and prove that you can be very effective with one.

*Even Ray Allen has a slight hitch, and Reggie Miller has one of the weirdest shots ever (and even weirder follow through where he crosses his wrists).

the proof is literally in the pudding when it comes to the top level professionals.

It's amazing why more pros don't log onto DGCR. I just can't put my finger on why. Hmmmmmm

One reason I appreciate and admire Paul is that he suffers the slings and arrows of DGCR Forum know-it-alls and continues to post.
Thanks again, Paul for your patience and thick skin.

I find it hilarious that the trolls are arguing anhyzer semantics with the champ.

Reminds me of that old saying, something like, "Those who can, do; those who can't, flex their internet nuts on forums all day..."

Where can I pick up a Sidewinder22 signature disc? O wait....

Where can I pick up a Sidewinder22 signature disc? O wait....

Yes, you'll have to wait for it, but, in the mean time you're welcome to watch his mind numbing, boring hammer drill improvement video!

Yes, you'll have to wait for it, but, in the mean time you're welcome to watch his mind numbing, boring hammer drill improvement video!

I'd rather be hammer-drilled in the head for an hour.

Latest posts