• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jenkins/McBeth forehand (this is why we can't have nice things)

Yes, you'll have to wait for it, but, in the mean time you're welcome to watch his mind numbing, boring hammer drill improvement video!

Since when does he have a hammer drill video? And maybe he shouldn't be saying this stuff to Paul Mcbeth being that he is the best player in the world, but his form advice is helpful to a lot of people and he puts a lot of time in to help people with their form. You probably just don't even have decent form or are interested in getting decent form so SW's advice and videos are problably of no concern to you.

Never said he doesn't help people, only stated that his videos are tediously boring. If he can criticize, he opens himself up for the same.

So McBeth should hire SW so he can learn how to play the game?
One reason I appreciate and admire Paul is that he suffers the slings and arrows of DGCR Forum know-it-alls and continues to post.
Thanks again, Paul for your patience and thick skin.
I find it hilarious that the trolls are arguing anhyzer semantics with the champ.

Reminds me of that old saying, something like, "Those who can, do; those who can't, flex their internet nuts on forums all day..."
Yes, you'll have to wait for it, but, in the mean time you're welcome to watch his mind numbing, boring hammer drill improvement video!
I'd rather be hammer-drilled in the head for an hour.
---------------------------------------

Guess you guys missed this awhile back: :p
I'm going to go try this in the field today :thmbup:
Great concept just don't expect immediate results. :cool:

One compliment, don't let your head explode...... Let's air it down there big guy..... ����

So McBeth should hire SW so he can learn how to play the game?

Well, SW gives the best form advice I know of. However, McBeth has very good form, so he might go for a different style of coach. A Butch Harmon style coach, as it were.

Shoestrings, now he should hire SW.

All of this being completely moot, given the yearly income of disc golfers.

The real question is if Mike C's FH form is better than Paul's... I'm surprised nobody has asked that yet. It's a fair comparison because as mentioned before they've both won the same amount of USDGC's.

What place did Mike C take in that tournament he played in?

Mike can really rip it. I can't fath how he does that high trash back though, to get my arm through quickly I don't know that I could do that motion.

Not to diminish his achievement, but 15 down first round sounds like the course might have been wide open hyzer shots.

Tried Paul's windup yesterday. I felt like I had more power, but it was also easier for me to turn them over (oat) and several of them actually did hit the ground 50' in front of me. After some work I got it dialed in to approximately what I expect from my forehand as far as accuracy goes. I ended up having some of my best forehands in years with it.

My main problem with it, though, is that I don't get to set the angle before the top of the backswing. The disc was vertical until I got it back there, so I had to immediately adjust it to my intended angle. For a mere human such as myself, it was fairly inconsistent.

I'll keep trying this, though. It's clearly helped with some parts of my forehand.

You'll notice a lot though that Paul doesn't often throw a power hyzer or straight to hyzer finish forehand shot. He typically rides the topography of the land and throws more of an S shot, so having to shape the release angle after the wind up may actually be better for the types of forehands he throws.

I don't think I follow. Are you saying he doesn't have a shot planned before the backswing?

No, what I'm saying is that Paul's shots don't have a standard release angle compared to someone like Wysocki (who's disc is parallel to the ground through his wind up). He often changes that angle to follow the flow of the land so a wind up that allows that sort of adjustment (what he's doing) may be more beneficial if you're not constantly throwing a pure power hyzer forehand shot.

No, what I'm saying is that Paul's shots don't have a standard release angle compared to someone like Wysocki (who's disc is parallel to the ground through his wind up). He often changes that angle to follow the flow of the land so a wind up that allows that sort of adjustment (what he's doing) may be more beneficial if you're not constantly throwing a pure power hyzer forehand shot.

No, I completely jumped on the PMB wagon, and grabbed my Nuke OSs and such throwing mostly anhyzer flex shots. With a Hokum backswing, I can still get to the same arm position and throw the same shots, and the disc stays on my release angle.

I just don't see how the wind up like Avery or Paul does is any more consistent or easier to hit the angle/terrain compared to a mostly flat back-swing and follow-through.

I think it's really about what feels more comfortable to you. I think an Avery style windup is actually a bit harder to hit the right release angle, but can generate a bit more power since it's a longer stroke. But a more flat back-swing and release is easier to throw a consistent shot. With enough practice with either form though, I don't think it matters how you like to throw, as long as the snap and clean release is there.

Latest posts