• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jhastie's Bag, mid help please

jhastie

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: started 12 years ago, played at least monthly for 4 or 5 years, then rarely until this spring. Joined a league this year and probably get out 2 -3 times a week.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some OH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 225/250'; Roc: 250/275'; eagleX: 290/320' estimates based on local course and measuring throws with udisc in a field.

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: My fingers are damaged on my throwing hand, backhand grip is weird but works, but I can only use pointer finger and thumb for forehand. Cannot really get a good grip on drivers with a larger rims than speed 9 drivers.
Additional Information: I was averaging 350' with my eagles when I was playing regularly, I am working on getting back to that. Working on some nose up issues. I am also working to improve my forehand. It is currently good for about 150' with a hard fade.

Specific areas of desired feedback: I am looking for recommendations on a overstable approach/midrange disc for BH and FH. I am also looking for recommendations on a replacement for a beat dx roc I lost today. I had started a roc cycle, but do not have any other beat ones. And was thinking of trying something new.

Bag:

Drivers:
170 dx eagle (6/10) - workhorse driver, shaping all sorts of lines
169 star eagle (7/10) - when I need more fade, backup to the dx eagle. a little shorter though.
170 champion 11x firebird (7/10) very overstable, OH, FH, and spike hyzers.
172 dx firebird (5/10) - goes farther than the other firebird, straighter with a hard fade.
167 champion Thunderbird (9/10) - New addition, I am trying out.
165 pro Thunderbird (8/10) - New addition, I am trying out.
175 champion roadrunner (8/10) - New addition, I love it so far. max distance, turnovers, hoping to learn rollers with it.

Mids:
177 2007 super roc (8/10) - slightly overstable, really only use if I dont think I can get there with my wizard, or I need a reliable fade at the end.

Putters:
175 S Wizard, (5-6/10) - main putter, throw off the tee, and most approach shots
174 S Wizard, (8/10) - New, backup, grippier plastic for when its wet out.
171 Element Wizard (8/10) - off the tee, a little more overstable

I would like to add a very overstable disc, that is slower than the firebird. Was thinking a harp, zone, or maybe gator. I also want to add a neutral to understable mid. But was hoping for some recommendations on both.

Specific areas of desired feedback: I am looking for recommendations on a overstable approach/midrange disc for BH and FH. I am also looking for recommendations on a replacement for a beat dx roc I lost today. I had started a roc cycle, but do not have any other beat ones. And was thinking of trying something new.

OS approach mid - I'd go Zone or Harp (Zone is beadless, Harp has a bead)

Beat Roc Stand in - X Comet

Bag looks good, Eagles are awesome and your using Wizards which means you are doing it right.

That's a really nice bag.

Pretty much mirrors mine except I throw Orcs instead of Thunderbirds.

I throw the Rhyno, but it may not be as overstable as you want. Zone and Harp are good suggestions.

Could try getting both a DX Roc and an X-Comet for your mids. Long life and they only get better with age. I don't care for purposely flippy/understable mids, I prefer to have beat stable ones as I find them to be more predictable. But if you only want one, yeah, it's the X-Comet!

Was going to reply with X Comet for the beat Roc stand-in but it has been done. I own one just in case but have built a nice stack of beat Rocs from many one-disc rounds.

If you want a beat Roc, there are a lot of beat Rocs out there, whether in used bins or online groups.

Mako3 for neutral mid. Or EMac Truth; I had a Fuzion one that had a 0/0-0.5 type flight.

Lots of OS approach/mid options out there. Kinda depends on what kind of feel you prefer: putter, mid, bead/no bead, etc. and how OS you want. Zone, Harp, even AviarX3 feel like one category. Then there's the Verdict/Justice category. Bard is nice too if you don't mind the bead.

Great news had my first lost disc returned to me, luckily a guy in my league found it. The dx roc is back in the bag for now, but it is a bad color that blends in with the ground, so we will see.

I am going to pick up a harp and comet this week though. I read the comet love thread after the suggestions and was sold, so I still want to try it out.

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bag looks pretty good! Comets are great, I use them to fill in for my roc cycle. But if you ask me, and a lot of others on here, you can't beat a roc. DX, mcpro, kc pro, r-pro. Whatever floats your boat, there are plenty of them. Find one you like and go for it. They're cheap and easily replaceable if you stick to DX as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts