• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jintaq's Bag for 2013

Jintaq

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3 years of steady DG
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: solid RHBH, weak RHFH (mostly for hyzers), terrible overhead
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Putter/Sinus: 150/200', Pain: 275'/325', Wraith: 350/400'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Laughably None
Additional Information: My current technique relies a bit too much on brute force rather than form and finesse in some areas. In trying to go over some platues, I'm working on this. Just started eliminating molds from my bag. I used to carry 20 discs in 20 molds. Now I'm working on working out some of them. My OCD still requires that I carry 20 discs.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I love my putters. I love my Pains. I seem to rarely use any of my fairway drivers and the Core.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Gaps/overlap. Anything that might teach me to use fairways more often rather than jumping mentally straight from mids to 10+ speed drivers.
Immediate and long-term goals: Short term is to gain a more consistent final score rather than some days jumping from highly negative to highly positive.Even in the same round, my holes can vary widely in score. Long term is I'd like to hone in accuracy at about the 50-100' range which is a weakness for me. I'd always like to add on more max distance as well while maintaining control.

Bag:

Distance Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):

* 168 / S-line / TD Rush / (moderately new) / Only roller disc for BH and FH. Lower power laser straight shots.
* 167 / Champion / Archon / (moderately new) / Max distance when forsaking control. Strongest hyzer-flips. Long anhyzers that I don't intend to fade back farther than flat.
* 148 / Blizzard Champion / Wraith / (used, but retains stability) / Tailwind distance.
* 174 / Star / Wraith / (beat, with stability lost) / Go-to driver. Best blend of accuracy and distance. I fear its getting a bit flippy on me though.
* 173 / Champion / Wraith / (basically new) / Got it to replace my star Wraith and it is almost there.
* 172 / Tournament / King / (average wear) / new to me, really dependable, got it when looking to find something to replace how my old star Wraith used to fly but with added distance potential.
* 174 / VIP / King / (basically new) / Becoming my new favorite disc along with my Champion Wraith. I'd like to grow into this more and see some difference in distance between it and some of the "slower" drivers.
* 175 / Star / Xcaliber / (moderately beat) / more of a back-up.
* 175 / Glo-Champion / Xcaliber / (Roughed up but stable) / Love the laser straight shot for 300' then a huge fade.
* 173 / Champion / Monster / Utility. Starts fading right when leaving the hand while still getting distance.

Fairway Drivers:

* 169 / C-line / FD Jackal / (nearly new) / a mystery to me at the moment. Easy to turn, yet has a stronger than expected fade with any hyzer, height, or slower release.
* 166 / Elite Z / Tracker / (lightly used) / I use it as a slower Wraith, which i basically never need it feels like.
* 174 / Opto / Trident / (used but very stable) / Reliably accurate from 150-275' provided that I have the air space to throw it. Anhyzers that I need to fade out, hyzers, flat, wherever I can really.

Mids:

* 174 / Opto / Pain / (new) / on its way in the mail now.
* 175 / GL / Pain / (moderately beat) / main mid. easy to shape almost any line with.
* 175 / GL / Core / (lightly used) / very short anhyzers in the woods. Seems to overlap my putters and beat Pain a lot.

Putters:

* 171 / Zero / Sinus AP / (moderately new) / most driving putts.
* 173 / Zero / Sinus SP / (moderately new) / most approaches.
* 171 / Eco1 / Swan 2 / (moderately beat) / any drives or approaches that the Sinuses cant handle due to late fade.
* 175 / Eco1 / Swan 2 / (super beat) / almost anything that I reasonably intend to hit chains. Go-to putter, very comfortable.