• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Joliet, IL - Dueces Wild 2010 - July 10th & 11th

AcesandChains

Birdie Member
This one is a little different. The tournament is called "Deuces Wild" because the player in each division (minimum 3 players per division) that scores the most deuces will win a special players pack, regardless of where they place in the tournament.

This tournament plays one round at Westpark, and one round at Highland Park. Both parks are very close to each other, so travel time shouldn't be much of an issue. Having one round at each park should keep it interesting all day long.

The players are to meet at the pavilion above hole 8 at Westpark on both days.

Pre-registration closes at 9pm Friday, July 9th. Registration the day of the event is an additional $5. Pre-registration is available at www.acesandchains.com

Tentative Schedule:

Saturday: Jr divisions, Recreational, Advanced

Sunday: Novice, Intermediate, Pro Open

Registration will be open from 8am-9am both days. Players meeting at approx. 9:15am, and tee off at approx. 9:30am both days.

For more info, please go to http://www.acesandchains.com/node/21

so its a toss up between this or chain reaction in channahon, but i think i will be attending this for my first tourney. Do you think i should enter in rec since this is my first, thats what i was assuming would be best. Either way i can not wait to finally play a tournament. Especially at two of my favorite courses around my area.

Deuces Wild!

surgeflx87: Most people play Novice for their first tournament, but it really depends on your skill level. If you feel you are at a higher level, you can certainly play up in Rec, or Int to play against better competition. But if you are unsure of your skill level, I would recommend playing Novice for your first tournament.

Maverick3324: There is a limit on registrations, but since it's being played across two courses, I don't think it will be an issue. I can fit 144 players into each day without adding any holes at either course, and still keep the groups at 4 players each. My intention is to build this tournament up to an A tier in the next couple of years, taking advantage of the fact that it's played on two courses to make it one of the biggest in the area. (Wish me luck!)

Maps for Dueces Wild tournament

Tradisc: Not a problem. See you next year.

For those of you unfamiliar with Joliet courses, please see these links for a map of each parks location.

Highland Park:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQnwIwAA

Westpark:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...A&ved=0CEEQpQY&sa=X&ei=lmMXTMzAM526tQP1ydXnBA

We meet at the pavillion above hole 8 at Westpark, which is off wheeler street.

Maps will be provided in your players pack showing the best route between the two parks.

Custom Wood Trophy Discs!

I will be awarding the sweetest trophies I've ever seen for both of my tournaments this year. The trophy is a custom wood replica of an actual golf disc complete with the tournament stamp, division played, and text saying 1st place.

I've attached a pic of the trophy for Chain Reaction prior to finishing. It will look even better once the finish is put on. Deuces Wild will have the same trophies, only with the Deuces Wild stamp on them.

Check it out and tell me......wouldn't that look great on your wall?

Attachments

• chainreactiontrophyunfinished.jpg
    chainreactiontrophyunfinished.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 8
man, i wasn't planning on doing chain reaction, I might have to now :(
I want two shots at gettin one of those :)

I'm really thinking about playing this one, but just to clarify, novice is the lowest level skill wise? Because I've only got like 3-4 months in so I want to pick the group I'm suited best for

divisions

Yes, unless you are under 18, Novice is the lowest skill level. If you've only been playing 3-4 months, that is definitely the division you want to play in.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post here and I'll answer them as they come in.

Well, I'm 17, can I get into juniors with that?

Ehh, I'm not too sure if I'd want to either way, but I might aswell ask

Division question

Looks like that would put you in Youth 1.

I don't have anyone signed up for that yet, but you are welcome to do so. There's usually a few younger players at each tournament.

Jr divisions play on Sat, and Novice plays on Sunday.

Novice has a sweet trophy for first place, but more competition. No trophies for the youth divisions, as I was unsure if I'd get enough competitors in any one youth division to offer one.

Hope to see you there!

Ehh, I guess I'll take my chances in novice, no point in winning a tournament against myself

Will payment be accepted at league? (wed league)

Last edited:
Payment at league

Absolutely. I'll take pre-registration from anyone anywhere they can catch me. And, as you know, I am almost always at Wed. leagues.

Actually, I'm thinking about this, can I sign up for youth 1 now, then if two other people don't sign up, move to novice? I want the best chance at winning tbh, but not if it means playing against myself

Youth divisions

Absolutely, you can sign up now and change divisions later if there is no one else in your division. Technically, it requires 3 players to make a playable division anyway.

Jr. Divisions play on Sat along with Rec, and Adv. So, if you end up changing divisions that same day, you'd have to play up to Rec at a minimum.

Also, it really encourages other players of the right age to sign up if they see someone already registered in their division.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this question. Chain reaction was this weekend, so I had my hands full.

tees

Just a little more info to add:

Pros will play from the blue tees at Highland, and the long tees at Westpark.

All Ams will play from the white tees at Highland, and the short tees at Westpark.

Pros will definitely be playing Highland first, and then Westpark for their second round. All other divisions will have their rounds scheduled and annouced at the players meeting.

As mentioned, everyone is to meet at the pavillion above hole 8 at Westpark for registration and players meeting. The parking lot is off Wheeler Ave.

Directions:

From I-80 East: Get off on Larkin going south to the first light (Meadow). Turn left onto Meadow and go past both stop signs until you hit Wheeler. Turn left onto Wheeler and proceed two blocks to the park.

From I-80 West: Get off on Meadow/Center street exit and follow the signs for Meadow. Take the first right (Wheeler) after both lanes merge into one. Follow Wheeler N two blocks to the park.

Im looking forward to coming out again this weekend.

I signed up for the PDGA at your last tournament, but havent recieved my number yet, so are you going to be collecting the money beforehand personally so I wont have to explain to someone that Im a member without a number?

Nice job on the last tournament by the way!