• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikXao5fikCs&t=2308s&ab_channel=JomezPro

This video with the guitarist from Vulfpeck hanging out with a bunch of pros was really well done with a ton of interesting perspectives from the pros and moreso the guitar guy. I dont know anything about vulfpeck and didnt expect much when clicking on the video but was pleasantly surprised by the things they discussed. I rewinded the video a few times to re-hear certain statements they were making.
Cherry on top : A DGCR shoutout at 36:15!

worth a listen

I know I posted about this forever ago but looks like Jomez is finally highlighting the O.B./Hazard(on drone shots at least) on the overview of the hole before the player tees off.

That is a huge help for an average viewer on an open course. (Even tho ball golf courses are still the worst thing to ever happen to disc golf).

Two things I thought Jomez needed to do that was a no-brainer are happening...

*show the disc the player is throwing. This should have happned years before it actually did.- check

*highlight the o.b. as the drone flies over... (in the woods this could be done better with cgi graphics of the whole instead of actual footage, like how Jomez started in the beginning but better. A combo of actual footage and cgi) - getting better... I can see it happening in the future. They will eventually borrow the ball golf tech imo.

This year is possibly going to have the best footage and competition we have ever seen! Excited

I know I posted about this forever ago but looks like Jomez is finally highlighting the O.B./Hazard(on drone shots at least) on the overview of the hole before the player tees off.

That is a huge help for an average viewer on an open course. (Even tho ball golf courses are still the worst thing to ever happen to disc golf).

Two things I thought Jomez needed to do that was a no-brainer are happening...

*show the disc the player is throwing. This should have happned years before it actually did.- check

*highlight the o.b. as the drone flies over... (in the woods this could be done better with cgi graphics of the whole instead of actual footage, like how Jomez started in the beginning but better. A combo of actual footage and cgi) - getting better... I can see it happening in the future. They will eventually borrow the ball golf tech imo.

This year is possibly going to have the best footage and competition we have ever seen! Excited

I think the first one came about by having a larger crew. If you look closely you can see a Jomez person by the teebox with a speed checking device and a phone for inputting the disc info. The second one is most likely due to getting access to the course info earlier so they can add it to the drone footage.

Check out YouTube for the JomezPro | 2022 Tour Kick Off. This Is Why We Show Up.

With Uli out and Nate not exactly a full time touring guy right now. Any possibility we see a fourth mic on Jomez this season? Who would we expect it to be?

With Uli out and Nate not exactly a full time touring guy right now. Any possibility we see a fourth mic on Jomez this season? Who would we expect it to be?

Personally, I like nate and jerm together just fine. I didn't like the addition of the third guy in the booth. I like Uli fine, but he and jerm are just too dam goofy if unchecked by Nate. I don't think three voices are really necessary.

Nice to see Kona preview Jomez's coverage of the Women's Champ next week at the beginning of their Preserve coverage. Presumably they'll be covering the lead card so it was likely her fans' only chance to see her on Jomez.

Nice to see Kona preview Jomez's coverage of the Women's Champ next week at the beginning of their Preserve coverage. Presumably they'll be covering the lead card so it was likely her fans' only chance to see her on Jomez.

Ouch!

Much like playing a shot from a thorny lie, the truth can sting. Much like playing a shot from a thorny lie, only the person throwing the disc is responsible for the results (or lack thereof).

Uli comes up to Minnesota to commentate on the Preserve despite not playing. Gets on the bag for Simon instead.

Ouch!

Much like playing a shot from a thorny lie, the truth can sting. Much like playing a shot from a thorny lie, only the person throwing the disc is responsible for the results (or lack thereof).

Apparently Kona will be commentating on Jomez with PP for the whole tournament. Earlier than expected but I think it's wonderful that she's smoothly transitioning into her post-competitve disc golfer career. A lot of sunsetting pros don't exit the game so gracefully.

Apparently Kona will be commentating on Jomez with PP for the whole tournament. Earlier than expected but I think it's wonderful that she's smoothly transitioning into her post-competitve disc golfer career. A lot of sunsetting pros don't exit the game so gracefully.

Ooof!

We're a tough crowd, indeed.

Hiding in Kona's closet. Awesome ace whoever did that!:)

Uli comes up to Minnesota to commentate on the Preserve despite not playing. Gets on the bag for Simon instead.

It's not "instead." Uli still did Jomez commentary. It's not a conflict to caddie and also do commentary [for post-produced coverage].

Unless he was planning to do live commentary as well (?)

Ah, gotcha. My bad.

Hopefully he can get healthy soon. I wonder how sustainable it is to tour without playing.

I hope so too.

I bet Uli gets more money from commentary/social media/brand ambassador than competing these days anyway. That's likely true for most top 20 pros as well but it's not like Uli is cashing a ton at these events.

There was an interview with Jerm on the Ultiworld disc golf podcast, where he was asked whether he saw himself transitioning to Jomez commentary only.

Besides the fact the he isn't done competing yet, he said that he wasnt even sure what was going to happen to Jomez. The current contract with DGPT only runs 2 years.

With the silver series, DGPT is clearly trying to bring post-production in house. Frankly, I think those productions have been fairly lackluster compared to the regular post-pro product, even though it's still being produced by Gatekeeper, Central Coast and GKPro.

I understand DGPT wanting to retain more control over the product. But I think it would be a huge mistake to push out the existing post-pro teams and approach. DGPT wouldn't be were it is today without Jomez and others. And they are better at it.

But, DGN will get to eventually make post-pro subscription only if they pull it all in house, so maybe that is what they are looking at. Whether that would actually pull in more revenue than the existing Patreon model, IDK.

Latest posts