• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

Jomez's FPO coverage of the Las Vegas Challenge is getting about the same viewership numbers as the average screw-around video from Foundation.

With Jomez's DGPT contract up for renewal next year, I wonder if MPO will go fully behind the paywall next season (or get like a one-week delay) and FPO will become Jomez's main public offering.

I just don't get it. While I do like to watch MPO coverage, I can't throw anything like they can...so the most I get out of is wishful dreaming. With my noodle arm, even some of the FPO throw farther than me. I enjoy watching them to see how they attack holes as my ability is closer to what they can accomplish. It always surprises me that more AMs don't watch the FPO coverage and learn from the ladies how to play holes.

While it isn't a Jomez production/coverage, the Memorial is a great example. Those are courses near me and I frequently play Vista (the normal 18). I absolutely cannot play it like the MPO folks, so I enjoy the coverage of the FPO to see how they play each hole.

Not sure if this has been discussed, TLDR, I suspect that FPO is going to Jomez as an equity consideration, much like FPO getting equal money in the DGPT Championship.

I wonder if any other sport does that, give equal money to whatever opposite gender even if they don't account for 1/3 of the views.

I wonder if any other sport does that, give equal money to whatever opposite gender even if they don't account for 1/3 of the views.

Personal opinion, not based on any known facts...

I think the DGPT is trying to 'grow the sport with females'. Showing females that they can win the same amount as men. Sponsor contracts don't reflect equality (at least not that I'm aware of)...so if disc golf wants more females involved, they need to so something to show some equality...and it seems to be payouts.

All other professional sports that I can think of are completely separate and not linked in anyway. Different venues for events, different tv contracts, different sponsors, different everything. The money the PGA makes is not shared with the LPGA or visa versa.

This is not true with government funded sports...USA soccer, USA figure skating, USA gymnastics, etc. I believe both men's and women's nationally funded sports are supposed to receive equal funding.

I just don't get it. While I do like to watch MPO coverage, I can't throw anything like they can...so the most I get out of is wishful dreaming. With my noodle arm, even some of the FPO throw farther than me. I enjoy watching them to see how they attack holes as my ability is closer to what they can accomplish. It always surprises me that more AMs don't watch the FPO coverage and learn from the ladies how to play holes.

I watch MPO because they do things that I can't. I don't have the ability to play professional baseball, hockey or football either but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching it.

I do also watch FPO. It could be a sympathy thing because I know what it's like to play holes where my limited distance hinder my ability to score. It also could just be that I want to watch as much coverage as I can regardless of the gender of the players.

I don't really watch any pro coverage to learn anything.

Jomez's FPO coverage of the Las Vegas Challenge is getting about the same viewership numbers as the average screw-around video from Foundation.

With Jomez's DGPT contract up for renewal next year, I wonder if MPO will go fully behind the paywall next season (or get like a one-week delay) and FPO will become Jomez's main public offering.
Jomez currently has 422k Youtube subscribers, hard to see them giving up on the main draw to their channel. Adding FPO will grow that subscriber base a little but also get more viewing time for their channel. Jomez FPO LVC coverage has already surpassed the views from last year's GK Pro coverage. Shifting from GK Pro to Jomez for coverage was likely GK Pro wanting to focus on the biggest draw to their channel and turn the Skins matches into something more. I think its more likely the Skins matches gets pulled into the DGN 'paywall' umbrella since they have done that already for some events last year. DGPT is already partnering with them this year to sell the tickets/make the spectator experience better.

Theres a bit of difference in time commitment between a single 10-30 minute Foundation video and the 2 halves of each Jomez round combined taking 1 hour plus multiplied by 3-4 rounds.
Personal opinion, not based on any known facts...

I think the DGPT is trying to 'grow the sport with females'. Showing females that they can win the same amount as men. Sponsor contracts don't reflect equality (at least not that I'm aware of)...so if disc golf wants more females involved, they need to so something to show some equality...and it seems to be payouts.
Curious if '2 Hot Geese' will get the compensation/merch opportunities that 'BigSexyBarri' have gotten from Jomez. Hopefully Stinchcomb & Walker get their own FPO practice rounds & maybe let them have some crossover with Sexton, Koling, & Ulibarri for certain events.

I watch MPO because they do things that I can't. I don't have the ability to play professional baseball, hockey or football either but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching it.

I do also watch FPO. It could be a sympathy thing because I know what it's like to play holes where my limited distance hinder my ability to score. It also could just be that I want to watch as much coverage as I can regardless of the gender of the players.

I don't really watch any pro coverage to learn anything.

I agree with almost all of that.

I do watch coverage and learn what is possible or things I might consider when I'm in a scramble situation.

Obviously they have greater skill, but distance is less critical.

Curious if '2 Hot Geese' will get the compensation/merch opportunities that 'BigSexyBarri' have gotten from Jomez. Hopefully Stinchcomb & Walker get their own FPO practice rounds & maybe let them have some crossover with Sexton, Koling, & Ulibarri for certain events.

They certainly got Hot Geese mercy support from GK Pro - it's still up there. (I do like how Jomez filtered a few geese into their FPO Vegas intros … very nice touch and callback to the Geese Origin Story)

I have a 2 Hot Geese Raider from '21, so we know the logo is out there.

I don't think that Foundation DG has nearly the upside that JP has. You're comparing someone's worst applies with someone's best apples. You're comparing apples, but that doesn't mean the comparison extends to the rest of the companies apples.

For example, Foundation's best video ever is of McBeth's stash of discs. it's 2 years old and has 385k views. JP's worlds vid 7 months ago has 410k. JP has 50+ videos with more than 385k views.

I don't think that Foundation DG has nearly the upside that JP has. You're comparing someone's worst applies with someone's best apples. You're comparing apples, but that doesn't mean the comparison extends to the rest of the companies apples.

For example, Foundation's best video ever is of McBeth's stash of discs. it's 2 years old and has 385k views. JP's worlds vid 7 months ago has 410k. JP has 50+ videos with more than 385k views.

A more apt comparison would be Jomez's 2019 USWDGC R1F9 which has 319k views, perhaps similarly juiced by the inclusion of a McBeth in the title. Alas it's Hannah not Paul, which perhaps explains why the B9 is still around 95k.

Limited depth of the FPO became boring to me after awhile. Also I was trying to watch too much disc golf and didn't have the time. So I simple reduced it to MPO lead card only. With the reduction I am only 2 or 3 weeks behind.

This is not true with government funded sports...USA soccer, USA figure skating, USA gymnastics, etc. I believe both men's and women's nationally funded sports are supposed to receive equal funding.

I do believe USA woman soccer had a big lawsuit in the past two year that they won regarding equal funding. Even though they constantly out preform the men on the world cup stage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-approves-24-million-equal-pay-deal-us-womens-soccer-team/

A more apt comparison would be Jomez's 2019 USWDGC R1F9 which has 319k views, perhaps similarly juiced by the inclusion of a McBeth in the title. Alas it's Hannah not Paul, which perhaps explains why the B9 is still around 95k.

Pretty much all of the Jomez R1F9 videos have much higher view counts (both MPO & FPO) vs. the R1B9, likely more to do with Youtube auto-playing them as a next recommended video. Final round views are usually a little higher than the middle rounds.

Jomez covered 2022 USWDGC as well (8 months ago), 64k views is the lowest of the 8 videos covering the 4 rounds. 120k views for the R1F9 and 69k for R1B9, ~88k views each for the two Final round videos. USWDGC was on its own weekend with no other MPO tournaments from what I remembered.

Pretty much all of the Jomez R1F9 videos have much higher view counts (both MPO & FPO) vs. the R1B9, likely more to do with Youtube auto-playing them as a next recommended video. Final round views are usually a little higher than the middle rounds.

Jomez covered 2022 USWDGC as well (8 months ago), 64k views is the lowest of the 8 videos covering the 4 rounds. 120k views for the R1F9 and 69k for R1B9, ~88k views each for the two Final round videos. USWDGC was on its own weekend with no other MPO tournaments from what I remembered.

So about 10k more than the usual Bogey Bro's monthly match from Foundation.

Jomez covered final card for R1 of Waco, instead of penultimate R1 card as they usually do. Wonder why.