• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

I watched most of it. I was thinking that would likely be the last time I watch "the putting game".

I think who's playing really factors into the craziness of the shots. The one they just released was not only in kind of a lame venue but Ricky, Nathan, Niko, and Kyle seem to lack a little creativity. You get Eagle, Simon, Calvin, or even someone like Thomas Gilbert playing and the scenarios they line up get pretty crazy.

My thoughts also, it seemed to drag on a bit.

Jerm and Uli tried to sound excited for mostly badly missed putts, but yeah, it was definitely a slower watch. :thmbdown:

It didn't help that Queen couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Well, as far as I know we're down to about a month countdown until the new documentary series! When we were filming back in July they told me to spread the excitement without giving too much away, so I won't tell you everything, just enough to hopefully get you excited!

We'll call this first season a trial run, as it's only 3 episodes long (original plan was more, but circumstances led us to 3, my episode being the final one) who knows what might happen heading into the future, but the hope is that it does well and grows into future seasons, so please check it out!

I didn't realize (and perhaps neither did the crew) until like halfway through, that this was basically a documentary about how interesting of a person "Martin Dewgarita" is.. which believe me is pretty strange, having a camera crew following you around for a week..

The first two episodes look pretty awesome, I won't give anything away about them, but I have seen some teasers, and I will tell you, this is my kind of show, I can't wait to see them! but of course I'm most anxious about my own episode!

I brought Simon to the course I designed and built, Pathway of the gods, we played this epic course and talked shop. He finds a piece of wood that looks cool, so we bring it to my shop and I teach him how to make a mini out of it.

I'm super excited to see it! And looking forward to what it might do for my brand, if a bit terrified! This is my year, with or without this Jomez piece, Treasures of the Forest is going to be making a push to be the premier high end artistic mini available!

attachment.php

Attachments

• simon.jpg
    simon.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 332
Putting game is ok, makes for a nice watch before bed. The new format is a big improvement, but I'd like to see it tricked up more like a game show and maybe add some bonuses like "Make 4 in a row, get $100".

Putting game is ok, makes for a nice watch before bed. The new format is a big improvement, but I'd like to see it tricked up more like a game show and maybe add some bonuses like "Make 4 in a row, get $100".

Maybe they could do a skins type format. Might put a little more pressure on the players to perform well. I'm sure they're getting paid to participate but if they could score some extra money for being competitive then that might add a little drama to it.

Monday, Febuary 13 to be exact, is my episode. The preceding 2 Mondays will be the prior episodes.

Well, as far as I know we're down to about a month countdown until the new documentary series! When we were filming back in July they told me to spread the excitement without giving too much away, so I won't tell you everything, just enough to hopefully get you excited!

We'll call this first season a trial run, as it's only 3 episodes long (original plan was more, but circumstances led us to 3, my episode being the final one) who knows what might happen heading into the future, but the hope is that it does well and grows into future seasons, so please check it out!

I didn't realize (and perhaps neither did the crew) until like halfway through, that this was basically a documentary about how interesting of a person "Martin Dewgarita" is.. which believe me is pretty strange, having a camera crew following you around for a week..

The first two episodes look pretty awesome, I won't give anything away about them, but I have seen some teasers, and I will tell you, this is my kind of show, I can't wait to see them! but of course I'm most anxious about my own episode!

I brought Simon to the course I designed and built, Pathway of the gods, we played this epic course and talked shop. He finds a piece of wood that looks cool, so we bring it to my shop and I teach him how to make a mini out of it.

I'm super excited to see it! And looking forward to what it might do for my brand, if a bit terrified! This is my year, with or without this Jomez piece, Treasures of the Forest is going to be making a push to be the premier high end artistic mini available!

attachment.php

LMK if any of the putting game episodes are any good. The last one was one that I feared would end my interest, and it delivered. Kinda meh players or ones that annoy me, typical DG surroundings, uninventive stations, AN HOUR LONG??

They ought to come up with a way to just edit out stations where nothing happens. Feel like its too lets just switch on the camera and see what happens. Needs more pre-planning and post-editing.

Im outta there.

The "Putting Game" is gimmicky and boring (most of the time). I've only watched it a few times as it's too gimmicky for me. I prefer the competitions where they have pros trying to match another pro's awesome throw/putt. Those are fun because each player gets 10 tries to duplicate the throw/putt which shows it isn't easy to do. And these are actual throws that happened on the course. I'd love to see them include the original thrower as one of the four to see if they can do it again.

The "Putting Game" is gimmicky and boring (most of the time). I've only watched it a few times as it's too gimmicky for me. I prefer the competitions where they have pros trying to match another pro's awesome throw/putt. Those are fun because each player gets 10 tries to duplicate the throw/putt which shows it isn't easy to do. And these are actual throws that happened on the course. I'd love to see them include the original thrower as one of the four to see if they can do it again.

Where can I watch those?? Sounds fun

LMK if any of the putting game episodes are any good. The last one was one that I feared would end my interest, and it delivered. Kinda meh players or ones that annoy me, typical DG surroundings, uninventive stations, AN HOUR LONG??

They ought to come up with a way to just edit out stations where nothing happens. Feel like its too lets just switch on the camera and see what happens. Needs more pre-planning and post-editing.

Im outta there.

I agree--this year's offerings seem pretty bland. Last one at IDGC was literally baskets in the field. So many shots looked identical. A couple were literally flat 25' putts. (I imagine this happened because no one was making the other putts and time became an issue). The most inventive shots were under a picnic enclosure or over a small fence. Yawn.

Then again, it beats the 2 episodes of "I'll take impossible C1 drives for $500 Alex."

I agree--this year's offerings seem pretty bland. Last one at IDGC was literally baskets in the field. So many shots looked identical. A couple were literally flat 25' putts. (I imagine this happened because no one was making the other putts and time became an issue). The most inventive shots were under a picnic enclosure or over a small fence. Yawn.

Then again, it beats the 2 episodes of "I'll take impossible C1 drives for $500 Alex."

Rumor is the Idlewild Putting Games was filmed at Coney Island. Gotta assume that will produce some unique shots if the players have any creativity at all.

The issue for me, with the putting contests, is that the 'putts they set up' never happen on a course. Okay, cool, you are putting from a trampoline...when was the last time you putted from a trampoline during a round? I watch the Jomez practice and live round coverages to see how pros tackle a course. What do they do when they have to scramble? What do they do when the weather is bad? What do they do when they have a low ceiling, narrow gap, mandos?

Latest posts