• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JT 2017 Bag Update

JTdisc

Eagle Member
I've been playing a few years now and the core of my bag has been mostly stable.

Primary forehand thrower (95% of shots other than putts). Distance ~325 max with drivers.

Putters + Approach
Judge - 175 Classic hard x2 - putting putters.
Judge - 174 Lucid - when there's a good chance of hitting a tree
Deputy - 175 Classic hard - new from the Trilogy Challenge, going to use this for long approaches/putts when I need the understable to carry further than a Judge
Suspect - 172 Lucid - one of my favorites. I use this for most of my approach shots. Very predictable

Mids
Verdict - 176 Lucid - nicely straight and just a little overstable. Very predictable mid with a little wind
Emac Truth - 175 Lucid - just picked this up as my older Truths are starting to season
Truth - 170 Lucid - an older Truth that now has a little turn. Great distance and glide and can shape a lot of shots. This can hold an anhyzer and covers the US slot.

Fairway Drivers
Felon - 167 Lucid - headwinds
Teebird - 170 Champion - straight with fade, can handle some wind
FD - 168 S-line - slightly understable with little fade. Very controllable, can hold an anhyzer nicely

Control Drivers Lately I've been throwing these as my distance drivers
PD - 167 S-line - Headwind driver
Escape - 171 Lucid - Favorite disc. Can't be trusted with wind, but overall most reliable disc for distance and control.
Hatchet - 173 Tourney - Has a lot of turn. Mostly a utility disc when I need to go the other way. Not as controllable as the FD.

Distance Drivers
Tern - 163 Champion - If I feel lucky, this one can really bomb on a good throw. The Escape is more reliable though
Enforcer - 168 Lucid - For strong headwinds when I need zero turn and good fade. There's one hole on the course I play most that is open and windy, with a big swamp on the side and so I can't afford a disc to turn into the wind.

I'll drive with the Escape when I can. If there's a little headwind or crosswind, I'll grab the PD. If it's a wide open hole, maybe the Tern. Teebirds, FDs, Verdicts and Truths are for shorter shots and in the woods. Suspect to get close to the basket and Judge to get in.

Contenders that might find a spot
Meteor - 170 Z - Nice when you need a mid to turn, but my seasoned Truth can ride an anhyzer and cover the same shots
Valkyrie - 170 G* - Seeing if I can get more distance out of something slightly more understable than an Escape in the same speed range.
Culverin - 170 Lucid - similar to the PD, doesn't have the glide of the Escape
Convict - 169 Lucid - Similar to my Escape, which I like a little more. I use this if I might hit trees. Can turn in a wind.

I've never been entirely happy with the OS control driver slot. C-line PDs are too beefy. The S-line is pretty good. Culverin needs a bit more glide. I was thinking of trying a Volt again.

For max distance, I'm still experimenting. I'd like to get a little further than the Escape. The Tern is a little unpredictable. Maybe a Star Valk or the G*.

Suggestions wanted.

Feels like too many molds to me.

The Hatchet is unpredictable. With a touch of hyzer it flips up and goes straight with no turn, with a touch of anhyzer it will turn all day. I may end up dropping this or possibly switch to a Valkyrie.

The Felon is OK, but I feel like I could cover those shots with a powered down c-line PD.

The Enforcer is OK for big winds, but for my power, the c-line PD would do the same.

Could try a Thunderbird instead of the PD

I always hated Hatchets. Could try a Sidewinder

Maybe a star Thunderbird instead of the PDs. Might be a little overlap with an Escape, but the Escape has a lot of glide and distance.

A Thunderbird and Sidewinder might make a good two disc combo in that speed range.

(Also, hey! to a fellow Upstate NYer)