• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jugular ITB - Innova & Kastaplast

Jugular

Birdie Member
Current bag (06/15/2020):
K3 Reko (176g) - Putting putter
K1 Reko (175g) - Straight short drives/approaches, scrambling, forehand rollers from rough, short turnovers.
K1 Berg (175g?) - Hyzer approach disc, FH and BH for obstructed approaches <200'.
Champion Mako3 (177g) - The first disc I trusted to stay pretty straight though now it'll turn over on full power or fade hard if at low power. I don't often throw this anymore.
DX Leopard (163g) - I was finding this the perfect disc for one particular turnover shot. It's rapidly becoming too flippy for anything but BH rollers. I think I'd like to replace this but not sure with what. What might I be missing with this disc, is there something I could try that would breathe new life into it and find more purpose in my rounds?
DX Teebird (170g) - This is my current tight tunnel shot disc. In the woods I can hyzerflip this to flat and it'll fly for 250' perfectly straight. I did buy a Champion Teebird 175g and I was working with it as a slightly gentler Firebird until it broke in, then I lost it a couple of weeks ago.
Star Firebird (175g) - If I want a consistent flight FH or BH with space to shape a shot, or to hyzer round an obstacle in the 250'-300' range I reach for this disc and I throw it more and more often.
DX Destroyer (164g) - This is easy distance with a turn all the way through the flight for me. It's a little susceptible to wind and I feel it may be getting a little too flippy but for now it's in a nice place for me.
Star Destroyer (175g) - This is a bit of a development disc for me. I doubt I'm really fully utilizing it yet but I can get a decent flight out of it and it's reliable into wind.

I've been playing since September 2019 and shot my first under par front 9 just yesterday. I also threw my 175g Star Destroyer about 350' in that round (about 3m/10' of slope helped, low speed L->R crosswind), and it didn't feel fluky but seems to represent the current upper end of my distance range.

I started out all Innova with a DX five disc starter pack and then bought Kastaplast glow discs for potential night rounds. I loved the Kastaplast and have been replacing the bottom-end of my bag (speed-wise) with their discs and will be looking for more that fit any gaps I identify going forward, unless the Innova option is much better.

In summary, I'm gaining distance and confidence and while my lower speed discs are becoming settled I'm starting to feel changes in the higher end and would like some advice.

Latest posts