• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just another disc golf video -- Va-Du-Mar Park

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Dinked around with some software and crumpled this together with the only good video we took at Va-Du-Mar Park, one of my favorite courses of the Carolinas.

The hole formerly known as 13 is gone -- it was memorable for its daring tee from the pro pad, and it was a great place to catch the wind and make a long duece run, and a satisfying three. Alas, it has been replaced by tennis courts.

The hole formerly known as 14 is now 13, and we had to make our own teepad. The original short pad is ~250', but it's a lot more fun to drive over the retention pond and land safely on the dangerous green. Flat on a 4'-wide path from left to right centered on the basket, but slopes heavily behind with more OB creek. If you're short, the retention pond is NOT a fun place to be, and it's OB anyway.

We threw from atop a 7-foot higher plateau from pin-high, that had been graded with the installation of the tennis courts.

Bergdawg was the only two, but TheOtherBill and I missed putts with good chances, and Steeler almost made a duece from that shanked drive -- it hit the top of the basket, skipped up in the air, caught a gust, and BARELY missed the "feldberg spitback" shot. Really wish I had the camera on that one.

I remember that hole. Too bad it was turned into TCs. So I assume there is no more "hole #19", as it is most likely now hole #18? Am I correct?

I gotta make it back down to Vaddy soon. It's definitely in my top 5 courses that I have played, for sure.

I remember that hole. Too bad it was turned into TCs. So I assume there is no more "hole #19", as it is most likely now hole #18? Am I correct?

I gotta make it back down to Vaddy soon. It's definitely in my top 5 courses that I have played, for sure.

That is correct. The only hole missing is the old 13.

That's a bummer, hole #13 was pretty awesome from what I recall.

Va Du Mar...:thmbup:

Edit: You guys shooting from the shorts in that vid? :confused:

Nope, it was about where the long pad would be if they hadn't put the courts up.

Gotcha.

The video doesn't do that green justice....that green is SCARY! :eek: :thmbup:

Gotcha.

True. It also is a great place for pictures if you take them from the other side. Nothing but the basket and the skies.
Video does NOT NOT NOT do this hole justice, as with most when you see them on film.

Gotcha.

True. It also is a great place for pictures if you take them from the other side. Nothing but the basket and the skies.
Video does NOT NOT NOT do this hole justice, as with most when you see them on film.

Latest posts