• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Just played my first under round ever!

Billym

Eagle Member
Been playing since March 08 and I'm completely obsessed.
Played Aquatic Park one under this early morning. My personal best anywhere!
Thanks for all the input from Blake and this site and its members.

In a shorter amount of time you'll be kicking yourself for only shooting one under. Congrats on the achievement and all the hard work that you put into it.

I've been working on my throw. I'm hopefully going to be able to get out to one of the local 9 holes over here and play a game or two. Should be fun. Congrats on the under score.

nice, havnt I seen a post of yours saying you got an ace a while back? I can shoot under at any course ive played other than dela but ive yet to ever ace :( to be honest im a little bitter that you got one before you could even shoot under :| good job

all you need is a DGR karma disc to shoot under par. I was hovering right around it before i got it, then bam i shoot my personel best of -5. No boogies it was a sick round. Then i went back out and have been finally shooting the way i know i can to stay under par consistantly. HERE I COME ICEBOWL

Jesse B 707 said:
nice, havnt I seen a post of yours saying you got an ace a while back? I can shoot under at any course ive played other than dela but ive yet to ever ace :( to be honest im a little bitter that you got one before you could even shoot under :| good job
Aces are luck in the end; I almost aced the exact same hole this round.
I have two aces now but I only got it close the rest is just fractions of inches and a lot of good luck.
Don't be bitter I would trade my aces for a lower average. But I have to remember when I started last March I would shoot 24 over at AP. Then my original goal was to shoot one over and no more on EVERY HOLE. Then later this past summer I was trying to keep it under ten over. This fall I was getting closer to 5 over and finally this winter I am now close to par/under.
So I have been working hard at it. I bet I played over 300 rounds in my first year playing DG.
Yes lately I kick myself for shooting anything more than 3 over. So now my standard has to change again.

Jesse B 707 said:

I got 3 aces before I ever shot under. And I've only shot under a couple of times. On average difficulty courses, I usually get +1 to +3 and on hard ones, I'm still 10 up at least.

JohnnyB said:
In a shorter amount of time you'll be kicking yourself for only shooting one under. Congrats on the achievement and all the hard work that you put into it.

Trust statement ever!

My first under par round I was like "Climo has nothing on me!" Now when I go to certain courses and dont shoot what I normally do I piss and moan."

Anyway, congrats on your first under par round OP. You'll have many more to come!

Nice job man.

Do you guys play the posted pars on the signs of everything as threes?
Or compare your final stroke count to 54,72, or whatever?

colombo117 said:
Nice job man.

Do you guys play the posted pars on the signs of everything as threes?
Or compare your final stroke count to 54,72, or whatever?
AP is all threes so I shot a 53.

Unfortunately its our anniversary so i can't make it. Planning on taking a group ('bout 5-6) with my to GGP and AP on Monday. Was thinking of trying to stick in Moraga too but might be a push.

Latest posts