• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] K3 Reko vs Logic Soft/Hard

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Just wondering if anyone that has experience with both of these discs, and can compare them?

Kastaplast is taking forever to get Reko's back out in the market, and Discmania has a good selection of Logics constantly coming out. And my beloved Reko K3 is just getting so beat up and loosing it's tiny perfect little fade at the end for putting. I came to know and trust that tiny little fade, and now that it's so beat in, it's starting to wander a bit. Sometimes it fades, other times it just sails right by dead straight on the right. And I never know when it's going to do it. So I'm in the market for a new putting putter until I can load up on some Reko's.

So I was looking for other available putters that might be similar to the feel and shape and flight of a K3 Reko, and the Logic seems like a good choice? I really like how smooth and perfect the rim shape of the Reko is, and how it's medium-thin depth. I HATE P2 like deep putters. Feels like I'm throwing a frisbee or something. And I also don't like super thin putters either. The Reko is THE PERFECT putter for me and I've never found another that is as good. Although the Link is pretty close. Just don't like that large bead on it. If it didn't have the bead, it would be 99% as good as a Reko.

So how does the Logic compare to the K3 Reko in terms of feel? Shape? Grip? And how it putts? And also, talk about the difference between the Logic in Exo Soft vs Exo Hard.

I have a Tactic in Soft and Hard, and have come to rely on and like the Hard more. Which surprised me. I thought with an approach disc, I'd like the softer plastic for it's ability to grab and bite the ground when it lands. But after a few months of using both, I don't really see any difference there. And the hard one throws a lot better. Feels more consistent, can throw it harder more consistently, and feels a lot better coming out of my hand with a clean release, as opposed to sticking. And in fact, I'm definitely going to buy a Tactic when it comes out in premium plastic, or pick up one of those Razoz Claw versions when they are available for even more stability and even more of a clean release from the harder slightly slicker plastic.

My K3 Reko is somewhere in between the Exo Soft and Hard. It has a medium firmness to it. Not as soft/floppy as the Exo Soft, and not as hard as the Exo Hard. But the actual grip of it's surface is more like the Exo Soft, and I do like that for putters. Something with a tiny bit of grip and a tiny bit of softness. But I'm open to trying new things if they are better. I know almost all pros like Hard plastics for putting or any disc really.

Also I don't care at all how it throws, as I have separate throwing putters from my putting putter. Just how it putts.

Thanks

I have both putters in question.

Reko K3 174 grams. Logic Hard 173 Grams. Both are flat top. The Logic is similar but different feeling. Maybe a fraction shallower, less roundness to the outside rim. I like the feel of both, they are just a bit different.

As far as flight the Reko has more glide because the Logic to me was disappointing as it would drop out of the air quicker. Putting and throwing. I would say stability wise they are very close (new vs new). Both had a small fade and no turn on full throws.

I think the Logic might be just a tick faster through the air as well, that and it seems to drop quicker (less glide).

Hope that helps.

Feels like I'm throwing a frisbee or something.

Well, isn't that sort of what we're all doing?

Anyhow, I have thrown the Reko but don't have any experience with the logic. Going off memory I'm pretty sure my Reko has a bead. I think the Logic is beadless and is probably similar to (if not identical to) a Warden. I have thrown Wardens so if the Logic is pretty much a Warden then besides them both being moderately shallow compared to Aviars and P2's and having a similar flight the hand feel is noticeably different.

I also use Reko K3's as my putting putters. Luckily, I have a small stash. But I found the Prodigy P Model S to be very similar in feel and flight. The Basegrip plastic isn't quite as flexible as K3, but it's the closest in feel. The good thing is that they're available and inexpensive to try.

I tried the logic for putting, but decided to stick with Reko's based on hand feel.

The Reko feels very similar to an eMac Judge to me, but softer in the old K3.

The logic feels like it wants to be a Luna/Warden hybrid.

I find the Reko to have a touch more stability later on, the Logic is an incredibly straight putter. Overall I just didn't like the feel in the hand and decided to stick with the tried and true Reko's.

Latest posts