• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Ka-Kaa

Ka-Kaa sounds afwully lot like "kakkaa" which means "sh*t" in Finnish. So yeah, watch me throw this sh*t in the basket. :clap:

This is a weird company. In many ways. Other Finnish disc golf companies, such as Prodiscus and Obsidian Discs, have strong social network and forum presence and these guys have nothing. They had some advertisement at Tali Open but that's it.

That was even weirder than I was expecting before clicking on play. I still don't know why I did.

I don't know if it's more or less relevant than this...

Good marketing.

If its a grym with a different stamp it will be awesome... Because it's a grym and they bomb...

Mine came in yesterday. It's a Grym. As someone said in the Grym thread, more stable than a Champ. Tern. Only threw it twice. Flight seems closer to my beat Esp Avenger than anything else I have. Maybe fresh Wraith. The rim feels more 11 than 12 or 13. There are a couple holes I play that are perfect for that flight. Maybe after I'm warm during a round, I'll see different flight.

That's what it looks like, with some weird vids and branding.

That's what it looks like, with some weird vids and branding.

I cross checked their new midrange though and the stats don't match up with the Kaxe/KaxeZ so I'm guessing it must be a different wing configuration vs. those discs.

This company seems quite odd but hey... so is RDG. :hfive:

Las Aves means "the birds" (or just "birds") in Spanish, and it looks like all of their upcoming releases have birds themes. And of course Kaka just reminds me of the Brazilian fútbol player.

Maybe one of the Finns can shed some light.

Looks like Kastaplast is making their discs.

https://m.facebook.com/LasAvesFrisbeeGolf

My first thought was the brilliant soccer star as well...

I love the stamp on this thing and the stability and speed is right up my ally. How does one acquire this disc?

Maybe one of the Finns can shed some light.

I still don't really know anything about them. They had a few advertisements at Tali Open (I think?) last year and their discs are made by Kastaplast, that's all I know. A weird company indeed. Prodiscus, Discmania and Obsidian Discs have always been pretty open and close to buyers in forums etc, but I've heard nothing about these guys.

Latest posts