• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kalamazoo MI people

Bradford

Par Member
I'll be in Kalamazoo the weekend of the 27th. I've done some searching and see Kalamazoo has some DG courses and I plan to try a play a round while I'm there. Of the courses in Kalamazoo what is a must hit course? Thanks in advance.

I highly recommend Robert Morris
Oshtemo is also a great course and a little closer to the campus area.
Knollwood is pretty lame unless you live there and its in your backyard.
Have fun

Oshtemo is really good, but if you can make it a little farther north and get permission from the owners, BlueGill DGC is absolutely amazing and still is my favorite course anywhere in the world. I haven't played most of the rest of the area, but my friend who lives out there says Cold Brook has really matured into an amazing course.

Definitely hit Three Rivers Original while you're here, as well as Oshtemo. Then consider Robert Morris.

Definitely hit Three Rivers Original while you're here, as well as Oshtemo. Then consider Robert Morris.

Yeah Meyers-Broadway is pretty sweet. It was a 2008 Worlds course. It is a little out of the way (south) but if you're going by it on your way to K-zoo it is worth a stop.

I agree with most people, Oshtemo is a must play, then coldbrooke, then I would suggest the south course at meijer broadway (2 18 hole courses in Three Rivers). If you have time to hit all those and want more I would suggest Robert Morris. Knollwood is really fun even though most holes are very short and ace-able so if you're looking to play like a 30 or 45 minute round, its perfect. If you can travel, definitely head 20 minutes up to wayland to play Blue Gill DGC if you can get a hold of Joe Gill (invite only). He's really cool though and will help you out if possible and to me its worth playing over all the rest of the courses for the area. Awesome day trip! If you're in town for a while, be sure to drive 2 hrs out to Flip City (Usually rated among top 3 courses worldwide! It's epic.

Play meyer broadway "both courses" , then play oshtemo. Meyer is a long walk for both courses and great scenery, longs holes and lots of hills. Oshtemo is all flat and most holes are straight, not anything to write home about.

Play the meyer broadway courses for sure or ur gonna miss out on some wonderful golf.

If you prefer mostly open courses: Meyer Broadway (original and north).

Fairly tightly wooded courses: Oshtemo

A nice mix of both: Robert Morris

I personally prefer the courses in this order: Oshtemo, Robert Morris, MB original, MB north.

Nice thanks guys. I'll be in town for a weekend for wedding. And I have about a 4 hour window while my wife is doing girl stuff with the bridal party to play some dg. Definitely will try to hit a course or 2 up thou.

Are most of the courses where you're from mostly open?

If you're looking for something representative of Michigan disc golf then I'd say playing Oshtemo from the longs might be your best bet. :thmbup:

Meyer Broadway is good but.....can be very easy to loose discs even with spotters as an FYI.

If you play Oshtemo know that in the afternoons and especially evenings it is packed with rec players and gets back up easily(sorry if someone already posted as much).

And yes, hit up Bells:thmbup:

If you're in town for a while, be sure to drive 2 hrs out to Flip City (Usually rated among top 3 courses worldwide! It's epic.

Most definitely worth an "epic", as well as the four 24-hole courses 25 miles to the north in Ludington.

I would drive a little bit more north and see if you can play at Blue Gill. Just as good, if not better than Flip City.

:eek: (I have yet to play Blue Gill)

Thanks. Any good DG stores in the area I should hit?

Hyzer's

Latest posts