• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kansas City brewery recommendations?

grodney

* Ace Member *
The title says it all, pretty much. Will only have time for 1 or 2....so give me your top 3-4 "must hit" in order.

The title says it all, pretty much. Will only have time for 1 or 2....so give me your top 3-4 "must hit" in order.

Ive only been to Boulevard for a tour and had a pretty good time. If you're looking for a tour and some samples Id go there, if you're looking just to drink Id go somewhere else.

Yeah def don't need a tour of anything. Just looking for good beer and/or best taproom/atmosphere however that may be defined.

Oh, and most breweries in Charlotte are taproom-only and don't have food (other than food trucks)....I forget that's not the case everywhere. We don't *need* food options, but either food or no-food is fine.

There is a bar with a lot of different beers on tap in the Power & Light District but I don't know the name as I don't get to bars often. You could hit up the Kansas City Flying Disc Club forums and ask for a recommendation from the local disc golfers.

Kc Bier Co is a wonderful small brewery in Waldo. Amazing German style beers, great atmosphere as well. Bier station is just down the road for a restaurant/bar style place that serves a selection of craft beers.

It really depends what area of kc you will be in. There's breweries on every side of town, and many of them are great little spots.

I believe the Power and Light bar referenced above is Yardhouse. Tons of beers on tap. But definitely not a brewery feel.

Kc Bier Co is a wonderful small brewery in Waldo. Amazing German style beers, great atmosphere as well. Bier station is just down the road for a restaurant/bar style place that serves a selection of craft beers.

It really depends what area of kc you will be in. There's breweries on every side of town, and many of them are great little spots.

Looks like my wife has 75th St Brewing as a possibility, which I see is fairly near KC Bier Co. She also marked Cinder Block up north, and also Border and Torn Label near each other in whatever part of town that is.

Thoughts on those? I mean I can read the reviews, but I trust a frisbee golfer more often than not.

We aren't too limited by location....we've got several other things to do/see (culture, bakeries, shopping, etc.), so having a few good brewery recommendations will help us mix them in.

Looks like my wife has 75th St Brewing as a possibility, which I see is fairly near KC Bier Co. She also marked Cinder Block up north, and also Border and Torn Label near each other in whatever part of town that is.

Thoughts on those? I mean I can read the reviews, but I trust a frisbee golfer more often than not.

We aren't too limited by location....we've got several other things to do/see (culture, bakeries, shopping, etc.), so having a few good brewery recommendations will help us mix them in.

What bakeries are you checking out? There is a placed called Wally's on North Oak just north of Waterworks that has some really good stuff. Could run to In-a-tub to get some tacos, get some sweets and play some disc golf ;).

What bakeries are you checking out? There is a placed called Wally's on North Oak just north of Waterworks that has some really good stuff. Could run to In-a-tub to get some tacos, get some sweets and play some disc golf ;).

Thanks for the recommendation. Not sure what all we'll hit, but Fervere is on the list of possibles. I thought she'd picked out more but I'm not seeing them on her list right now.

Flying Saucer in P&L is probably what was referenced earlier. Yardhouse is fine, Flying Saucer is better.

As far as breweries go, a number of smaller breweries have popped up in the last couple years.

If you're near Waterworks you should go to Cinder Block which is just down the street.
Not too too far away from there is an excellent brewery called Torn Label, also highly recommended.

If you're closer to Swope I'd hit KC Bier Co. With how hot it is right now, a good clean German beer is a winner. Beer station is pretty close too and always has a great tap list.

I'd skip Border and Double Shift entirely. Border has a good Chocolate Milk stout but everything else was pedestrian. Double shift was just bad.

Much further south is Martin City. I would consider hitting that up if you are even remotely close.

Did you mean Big Rip instead of Torn Label? Torn Label is down near Border and Double Shift...at least on my map. Big Rip is much closer to Cinder Block (and Waterworks).