• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

The "e" is the trouble letter :)

Most Americans pronounce KAXE like "K..Ax" and forget the "e"

But the "e" in REKO and BERG are interesting . . . the "e" in REKO is pronounce correct, just a little long. . Americans say "REEEKO" thay drag out the "e"
But then in BERG most Americans pronounce the "e" like an "ö" ( BÖÖÖRG) which to me is interesting when just "ö" is big trouble for most non Sweds

But i probobly sounds like the Swedish chef in the Muppets for most Americans . .haha ;)

Umm no, Berg is pronounced like Berg, same as nerd. Coors is different, you know, like Coors. Reko is like Nikko.

Umm no, Berg is pronounced like Berg, same as nerd. Coors is different, you know, like Coors. Reko is like Nikko.

In most tests i have seen on youtube, the testers pronounce it "böörg" . . not BERG like we would say

In most tests i have seen on youtube, the testers pronounce it "böörg" . . not BERG like we would say

Really? I guess they also call an iceberg and icebooorg. Gotta be Canadian or some other non-Merkin, maybe even from New York.

Well the "e" in iceberg sounds nothing like the "e" in the Swedish pronunciation of "isberg" ( swedish for iceberg )

We simply pronunciate the "e" in Berg different. . . shorter and "harder"

I took teebirds out but still bag an fd for 7 speeds. I throw a k1 and k3 kaxe fits between my pd and buzzz

Kaxe, PD and Buzzz are a great way to go. Kastaplast is the only company that regardless of what they come out with. I was all kasta for a while, but had to throw the old favorites in.

I am anxiously waiting more info on the Gote :popcorn:

Fun new stamp for KAXE

k3kaxez.jpg

Yes, the ö shows correctly. Question though, is Swedish like German, where we can spell Göte as Goete to show the Umlauts sound?

Well we can, but i don´t think it´s very common. . . It´s more common to just skipp the dotts and say Gote.

I blame the internet hehe . . every Swedish company or name usually just skips the dotts in Å Ä Ö

Like Swedish tennisplayer Björn borg. . Bjorn Borg

If you watch the tvshow "Vikings", they actually pronounce "Björn" just fine in "Björn Ironside" . .but they translates his last name "Björn Järnsida" . . Järnsida= Ironside.

Swedish is easy. . .Finnish is HARD to pronounce. . Big jerm and Sexton always have a hard time with the Finnish names. . but so do we Sweds

Yea, the umlauts started to be replaced by modifying the vowels in German with the advent of modern typewriters.. I'm resistant, and still use them ;)

Finnish, to me, is more like Eastern European languages, where Swedish/Norwegian/Danish is far closer to German.

From what I have read, Finnish is not an Indo-European language. As I understand it, there is some confusion to if it is related to Turkish or not.

History need here, not a language major, so I may be a bit off.

From what I have read, Finnish is not an Indo-European language. As I understand it, there is some confusion to if it is related to Turkish or not.

Finnish is also weirdly close to Japanese also

https://www.yamagata-europe.com/en-gb/blog/the-finnish-japanese-connection

Which also leads to my favorite obviously fake conspiracy, the Finland Conspiracy

https://www.reddit.com/r/finlandCon..._finland_conspiracy_and_all_you_need_to_know/

It's not related to Turkish. Finnish is a Fenno-Ugric language. Other Fenno-Ugric languages are for example Estonian, Karelian and Vepsian (Finnic languages), Hungarian (Ugric languages) and Sami languages.

Anyone else stoked on this mold? Getting super impatient waiting for new information. :p

. . So if you want to pronounce the new disc GÖTE correctly. . just say "G" then say the "Ö" like you say the "e" in BERG and finnish with a fast "te"

does the Ö show up correctly on a American browser??

Looks to be showing up correctly.

All this reminds me of "Sheveningen", a town in Holland and a variation of the Sicilian Defense in chess. In WW2, suspected Nazi spies were forced to say the name of the town. Germans invariably failed to pronounce it correctly....

. . So if you want to pronounce the new disc GÖTE correctly. . just say "G" then say the "Ö" like you say the "e" in BERG and finnish with a fast "te"

does the Ö show up correctly on a American browser??

Geddy?

iu