• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

I've been in the same boat forever and just discovered the Bard. Ever tried one?

I have not tried any Westside mids actually. My experience with new trilogy plastic is that they break in too fast and lose their stability. OS discs quickly become neutral or understable.

From what I have read, Finnish is not an Indo-European language. As I understand it, there is some confusion to if it is related to Turkish or not.

History need here, not a language major, so I may be a bit off.

Turkish is an amalgam of Arabic, English, French, and turkic dialects. Much closer to Arabic than Finnish, though some of the sounds are probably similar.

Stable comet is what I am seeing, photos and flight videos. I cannot wait. Looks like a great disc to pair with the Kaxe. I like powering up a slower neutral/us mid. Kaxe/beat buzzz or Kaxe/Comet have been my pair for a while.

Stable comet is what I am seeing, photos and flight videos. I cannot wait. Looks like a great disc to pair with the Kaxe. I like powering up a slower neutral/us mid. Kaxe/beat buzzz or Kaxe/Comet have been my pair for a while.

Those are some nice midrange combos. A Comet-like disc in Kastaplast plastic would be awesome!

Kastaplast posted this on Instagram. . so i guess the name of the disc comes from the name of the town Kastaplast new factory is in

"Göte is an old Norse first name, meaning a person from Götaland (southern Sweden). This will be our first disc made in our new factory in Götene. Flight specs: 4/5/0/1 "

Some more chatter on facebook is making this sound more like a stable Z comet. Comet glide more HSS?

Comparisons also made to a midrange Nova... I will hopefully be getting a pair asap the 2/13 release.

Some more chatter on facebook is making this sound more like a stable Z comet. Comet glide more HSS?

Comparisons also made to a midrange Nova... I will hopefully be getting a pair asap the 2/13 release.

The videos showed less HSS, not more. From the video, more Nova like, but faster.

I've been more interested in descriptions, some of the videos show a bit of turn, but I have trouble seeing wrist angles and such to really tell.

Pics from Swedish webshop "Discsport"

gote-k1-fr_b.jpg

gote_b.jpg

Pics from Swedish webshop "Discsport"

gote-k1-fr_b.jpg

gote_b.jpg

Looks like a smaller diameter, chunkyer Comet.
I don't expect it to be a Comet killer, but I want to give it a try.

Maybe it will fly like an Ion. I love the Ion flight but hate the hand feel.

Last edited:
It seems worth having one of these just to have a mid in Kastaplast plastic.