• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Göte

Larger diamater glidey coyote may be a good comparison too.

Shark-comet combo may be more accurate than roc. In my experience shark and roc have similar stability but the Shark is a better line holder while the roc is more a flat straight flyer.
The gote excells on sweeping hyzers where a roc may flip up a little more and straighten out midflight, then fade back. The gote doesnt change angles so much.

I'm really digging this one. I love Kasta's plastic, but I've struggled to find a place for it in my bag before now. I have a fairly traditional approach to my lienup, so the tweeners didn't work for me and as great as the STAL is I just couldn't drop my FBs for it. When I saw the teasers I knew I had to try the GOTE and I'm glad I did.

My first impression was Ontario roc with a hair more glide. I agree with the roc/comet sentiment as well. Just an awesome disc. Now if we could get something in that thunderbird/pd/olf slot I'd really be ecstatic.

Some people have compared the stal to a thunderbird, but out of my 5 I find them ranging from stable (not far) firebird to PD stable but slower. Beefy banshee is probably the best comparison. I too would love an opaque K1 PD-esque disc

Not sure there's much of anything between mids and fairway discs. The Cheetah and Leopard are just a step up from mids in terms of speed, but are considered fairway drivers.

Maybe not in the Innova lineup, but if you've ever thrown a Kaxe or a Zombee those are definitely tweener discs to me.

Similar size wing to a speed 6 driver but blunter edge or larger diamater definately makes for a tweener IMO.

I may go so far to favor them as mids before drivers, especially with speed 8, 9 or even 10 discs being labeled fairways.

Hmm, I wonder how this will compare with the Opto X Fuse.

Have you seen that confirmed somewhere? Any word on an Opto X compass??

Yeah Latitude tweeted it out and I think JohnE McRay mentioned getting one in his ITB. I haven't heard anything about an X Compass though.

They are on retailers shelves as well being shipped from discs unlimited and other kastaplast dealers now. Some Sweet colors as well as glow!

Discs unlimited being the official US distributor had them today, probably available today for the other retailers to place orders today, sorry I overestimated how fast they got delivered. Par Plastics and other digital companies who are also sponsored players by Kastaplast can bypass discsunlimited. I ordered my production run plus some decals from par plastics today. Discs Unlimited are less than ideal which is why I have been dealing with the Facebook vendors, specifically Par Plastics for new releases and backups from my locals that I finally have carrying Kastaplast.

So excited for my second run to arrive!

Played a round today using the Gote on most holes.

I think it's a new staple of my bag.

It truly sits right between a Roc and a Comet, leaning closer to the Roc.

It is extremely workable but doesn't seem as unforgiving as a Comet does if you give it a tick of OAT.

I now cannot wait for a K3 Gote to season into a smooth turner.

Anyone want to compare the Gote to the VRoc?

Gote has more glide & turn potential.

Theyre somewhat similar but I'd say the Gote is closer to an actual seasoned Roc flight.

I have a somewhat worked in DX Roc in my bag and the Gote was flying on similar lines but had a little more tendency to drift before a mild fade back.

My Vroc was always very straight from start to finish but didn't have impressive glide.

The Gote, IMO, is a superior disc. Great for wooded holes, ridiculous plastic & a phenomenal hand feel.

Anyone that is looking for that "worked in" flight out of mid, the Gote provides it out of the box.

Latest posts