• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Kastaplast Lots

Been throwing a beon green lots in around 172g off and on the last few weeks. I feel like its close to a DD escape, with a bit more turn and nicer hand feel. Someone a dozen posts back described it really nicely when they said that if you give it a clean flat rip at the correct speed, it will soar for days. Mine hates head wind, a doesnt fight out of it very well if it rely starts to go. That said under appropriate conditions it definitely "dances" turns just a little and fades gracefully forward. A real joy to throw, but not as reliable as the teebird or thunderbird.

How do these compare to a Sidewinder or Roadrunner in, let's say, Star? I have one but haven't really thrown it. I've been drifting back to SWs and RRs recently. Which is where it all started for me. Would rather not lose it in the snow, so it'll be spring before I bust it out again.

I plan to try a few Kastaplast discs this spring and I can't really make up my mind about the Lots. I can read the numbers but what would it really compare to? An Undertaker? Or a bit flippier like an Escape? More stable like a Bio Getaway? Right now I throw Bio Getaways in this flip up to straight slot and then a Lucid for when the wind picks up, the Lots would probably contend with the Bios if it where to make the bag but I guess it's a little too flippy to throw into the wind, right?

I plan to try a few Kastaplast discs this spring and I can't really make up my mind about the Lots. I can read the numbers but what would it really compare to? An Undertaker? Or a bit flippier like an Escape? More stable like a Bio Getaway? Right now I throw Bio Getaways in this flip up to straight slot and then a Lucid for when the wind picks up, the Lots would probably contend with the Bios if it where to make the bag but I guess it's a little too flippy to throw into the wind, right?

I wouldn't throw it into the wind. I liken it most to a faster FD but that's just me and my noodle arm. I've also thrown a few different weights and the lighter ones are really flippy whereas the max weight ones fly super straight.

Lots is most comparable to a CD2 IMO, which is pretty much an Undertaker. Closer to Escape than Getaway. Lucid Escape or best Bio Getaway would both be close. Lots has dome and goes far, despite a slightly narrower rim for 9 speed. Really comfortable, very controllable. You can throw with hyper into the wind, but like all domey discs they can be moved around a bit. For that shot a Tesla is my preferred CD.

I'll also add that like all of those, there is some variation across weights and seemingly colors and translucency as well. Unfortunately Kastaplast is plagued by the same inconsistencies as other manufacturers, but whereas with the rest you have choice between (inferior) plastics, K1 is just incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the answers! I'll probably pick one up to test, it looks really sweet.

Lots

Tried a Kastaplast Lots for the first time today. Disc is K1 plastic. Unknown weight, but I'd say at least 170g.

I love this plastic. Very clear, smooth, shiny, and slightly gummy. The Lots also has a big dome. This is one of the domier fairway drivers I've ever seen.

The Lots is rated at 9, 5, -1, 2, and it seems to fly pretty true to those numbers. I was expecting something like a Valkyrie, and IMO the Lots is better. The Lots seems to take power better than a Valk, and is at least somewhat resistant to flipping entirely.

This disc is surprisingly long for a speed 9. I was able to go over 400' fairly routinely, and the Lots was just a little behind my Enigma and Daedalus in the field. The Lots performs exceptionally downwind. It seems to get up in the air and float along without drifting off course. Big dome usually equals big glide, and that was the case with the Lots. I would almost say it has a 6 glide. The Lots seems floaty at times, and will stay in the air longer than most discs.

Conclusions: The Lots is a somewhat understable fairway driver that can be used as a distance driver in certain situations. It has some noticeable high speed turn, but isn't super flippy. It flies in a mellow S curve, and is reluctant to fade much. The fade on the Lots is gentle and happens late.

Kastaplast has a good mold in the Lots. I found the disc to be similar to a Valkyrie or maybe a Sapphire. The plastic is top notch, and the disc seems very well made.

The Lots is a nice hyzerflip disc that will take a hard rip without dive bombing right. The big dome and neutral flight lead to a disc that is longer than its speed would indicate. The Lots was a fun disc to throw, produced impressive results in the field, and is definitely bag-able. My only (very minor) gripe with the Lots is that it seemed to do badly in a slight headwind. Even if it didn't flip, it seemed to get knocked down pretty bad and lose a lot of distance. The Lots performs much better in calm or downwind conditions.

Last edited:
These must have some variability. Just got a brand new one and it's easily as overstable as any Thunderbird I have ever had.

These must have some variability. Just got a brand new one and it's easily as overstable as any Thunderbird I have ever had.

This is interesting because I tried a Lots for the first time today (brand new) and I could easily roll it.

Latest posts