• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Kastaplast recommendations

IronJack

Eagle Member
I'm interested in kastaplast discs. I'm wondering from anyone who has thrown a lot of the brand, what discs would you recommend trying first?

What are the best discs, including plastic type, and why? Is there any one that really stands out and excels at what it does?

If I were to get 3-5 discs of theirs to try out to get a feel for what they have to offer, including plastic type, which would you recommend?

I'm not a huge fan of the molds from kasta
The berg and rask have rims that are not comfortable to me however if you need some glow plastic Kasta has by far the best and brightest glow on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... If you want truly unique molds that you can't find from any other manufacturer I would check the Berg and the Rask.

The Berg is a glidless brick, but is a straight flyer. Perfect approach disc.

The Rask is a ultra fast (14) overstable monster that has a "double rim" google the disc and you will understand what I mean by it.

K1 plastic is one of the best blends in the business for cold and wet. One of my favorite plastic blends in the market. Nice and soft (like good old gummy star imo).

If you want solid discs that would find a place in your bag really fast the list is here:

K1 Lots (straight fairway with great glide)
K1 Svea (fuse style straight/understanble mid)
K1 Grym (13 speed straight distance driver)
K1 Grym X (12 speed overstable distance driver)

Depends on what you like, I would say the Reko, Stal and Kaxe Z are the best intros to the company as a stable putter, reliable fairway and a long midrange.

I personally like the Rask as it is a great distance for hand disc, but if you don't throw a forehand 450+ you won't get a full flight from a new one. Haven't thrown the Grym yet but it seems nice also.

So I throw lots kastaplast. First off, best place to get kastaplast is par plastics.

I personally say you can skip the berg.

The reko is an excellent neutral throwing putter, very pureish. Get one in k1 and k3.

If you like US finesse mids check out the svea. Super glidy, and punishes bad form. But when you get it right the disc works wonders.

A falk and lots are an excellent pairing, probably the best two discs in the lineup. Very versatile pairings of 9 speeds.

Then you can grab a grym x for cranking on some drives.

I keep a rask for crazy utility shots. Great for all kinds of very aggressive shots. Huge spike hyzer. Low skips, crazy headwind. The rim is odd though, if you have big or beefy hands you may not like it.

While I don't bag it currently, the Kaxe is a decent disc. At the time I discovered it I found it kind of bridged a gap between my mids and fairways. The K1 plastic is as awesome as everyone says it is. If you want a comparison it's probably closest to the Neo plastic used in the newer Discmania offerings.

I've been digging the lots/falk combo a lot lately. The svea was an instant auto-include in my bag.

My buddy will not play without a berg and reko. The kaxe is great but fills a weird hole I don't really have in my bag.

Really everything from them I have tried is a good disc. K1 is probably my favorite current run plastic as well.

I throw the following molds... all in the K1 plastic... which is some of the best in grip & feel out there.

Berg: A glide less brick is a great way to describe this disc. I use it for upshots on most courses. For some shorter courses... I will use it for drives as well. It has a different feel to it but is one of my favorite discs for its unique traits.

Kaxe Z: A nice slightly overstable midrange that fits nicely between an Emac Truth and an Explorer.

Lots: A nice fairway driver with some turn in it.

Grym: I used this for a longer distance shot that doesn't turn over unless there is a strong headwind.

While I have never thrown one... a friend really likes the Reko for a driving putter.

I putt with K3 Rekos, drive with a K1 Reko, approach with a K1 Berg, a Glow Kaxe is making it's way into my bag and I am looking at replacing my Champ Mako3 with a K1 Svea (though it's currently a little more understable).

In future I hope to replace my flippy DX Destroyer and Leopard with a K1 Falk and replace my Star Teebird with a K1 Lots.

I also have a Glow Reko, Glow Berg, Glow Grym & Glow Rask to fill out my Glow bag.

They don't have something like a Zone and my game has finally developed to the point where I think I need a disc like that. I'm probably going to buy a Zone of some kind but I haven't looked into the plastics properly yet.

Having said all that I don't make good decisions on the course so they almost certainly will have no impact on my scores.

I have around 10 Bergs and they are a game changer for me. Perfect for me to use for up shots and putts.

I prefer the K3 on the berg, but on the others I like K1 the best.

Also, I fell in love with the Svea. Very glidey and straight for me.

I have around 10 Bergs and they are a game changer for me. Perfect for me to use for up shots and putts.

I prefer the K3 on the berg, but on the others I like K1 the best.

Also, I fell in love with the Svea. Very glidey and straight for me.

Do we know if Svea exhibit the Kastaplast trait of beating in to be more overstable rather than understable, yet? I find it hyzerflips nicely but if I try and give it any power it dives right quick.

Do we know if Svea exhibit the Kastaplast trait of beating in to be more overstable rather than understable, yet? I find it hyzerflips nicely but if I try and give it any power it dives right quick.

I am not sure yet, I haven't had mine for too long. We shall see.

Kastaplast is awesome. Great plastic, unique molds, and maybe a little niche (and pricey).

I think the Reko, as a thrower, is probably one of the more comfortable putters to throw. Not too deep or shallow, and nice and round. Very straight to little fade.

People swear by K3, but it's a little soft to my liking (kind of medium/soft). If Kasta came out with a stiff baseline (call it K4?), I'd probably jump all over using just Rekos as my P/A mold. Alas, no luck.

I've tried the Stal, which is also really good. Domey, OS fairway, but not firebird OS.

The Gryms are very shallow, which make them fast but, for me personally, a bit awkward to grip. The berg, as other have stated, is very unique, but also feels a little odd.

I bag a K2 Glow Berg and a K1 Kaxe. The Berg is my go to for approaches where I just can't go long, and the Kaxe is just dependable as all get out. The Kaxe is my favorite disc. I just trust it.

I have a K1 KaxeZ that I've thrown some and have no complaints with, but I'm not bagging it at the mo.

I love the Kaxe. It is a small diameter Roc3X that throws like a driver. Very workable with great glide.

Question about the K1 plastic; what is the difference between the opaque runs and the clear champy ones? Any?

Question about the K1 plastic; what is the difference between the opaque runs and the clear champy ones? Any?

Clear tends to be slightly more stable/overstable in some of the molds I've tried both variations in - Reko, Lots, Falk. Not much variation in Berg stability in my experience, other than Glow being slightly more stable than traditional K1.

You have to love the Berg. Hard to throw it too far, and just lands like a gooey omelette.

I use RPM Kea's for the same sort of shots, with a bit of extra distance, otherwise the Berg would be back in the bag.

Kastaplast

I've only thrown 2 of their molds. Both were OK, but I wasn't super wild about them..

Rask: Super fast, overstable distance driver. Doesn't glide well.

Grym: Distance driver that seems like a worse version of the Tern. It's OK, but I'd take a Tern over the Grym any day.

Kastaplast does make good quality plastic. It won't wear out fast.

I think a few must try discs from Kastaplast are the Reko, Kaxe Z, and Lots.

The Reko might be a contender for my favorite disc of all time. I love the K1 for throwing, Fresh K3 for putting, and worn in K3 for turnover shots.