• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

K3 is killer.
But I need a speed 9 control driver from kastaplast...

They havent made a dud yet. Could be a good putter.

Are you kidding? Rask bombs I was throwing mine 435-450 last week.

The Rask is the one I have yet to try.
Just got a 2nd run Grym and its very Destroyer like in flight.

I love the Berg and the last thing I need is more putter confusion after a season of trying out everything to get to the Berg... but I'm no doubt still gonna buy a few Rekos.

The path is 400 ft from behind the end zone which Ia where I threw this one from.

Groove is inconsistent crap, Rask just has no glide. But it has plenty of speed!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 128
Rask, best overhand disc ever.
Back on topic, I was excited about a new Kastaplast disc until I saw it was being released only in K3. I will wait until it comes out in K1.

The path is 400 ft from behind the end zone which Ia where I threw this one from.

Groove is inconsistent crap, Rask just has no glide. But it has plenty of speed!

Don't make me Photoshop a groove on the moon...

No, but I'm guessing it's rounded and beaded.

Low Profile like a Pure. More blunt though.

"Get your Reko for those straight putts and approaches, or give it a little hyzer on drives and watch it turn over gently. This disc has all the qualities of a true go-to putter. Reko has a comfortable, rounded profile and a smooth bead which fits most hands. Easy to grip and easy to throw, Reko features a strengthened shoulder which adds a little extra durability versus a typical putter. Reko is Swedish for good, reliable or decent. The world needs more Reko. Flight specs: 3/3/0/1" - by Kastaplast

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/rekos-town

Got one today as an early Xmas gift from the wife, its like April here so I ran out and played a two disc round with it.
(Photo is washed out due to exposure, but its a first run in the typical Kastaplast light blue/green)

Initial impressions:
-First off, K3 plastic is the best. Its a premium plastic that has the best baseline feel out there, imo. Its grippy, stiff, and super durable. The closest competitor to it for me would probably be RDG Fossil Fuel.
-Earlier this year I went through a lot of different putters, a LOT, trying to find a clone of my early 90s small bead puddle topped Aviar in the old, tasty DX... and this is pretty much it.

-The Reko has a small bead that is unobtrusive and reminds me a lot of the old SB Aviar, or probably closest to an current Omega.
-I don't really like beads but, like the Kastaplast Kaxe, the bead is really not noticeable.
-Has a nice shallow puddle top (couldn't get a good pic) that I'd say is about half as deep as a Yeti or Berg. I like that a ton.

Flight was pretty close to the 3/3/0/1, but I'd probably call it more like 3/3/0.5/1.5 myself.
-Was pretty easy to get out beyond 250 without much effort and I twice hit metal from the tee on pins that were in the 240s.
-Furthest toss for me today was in the 275-80 range, but I am a little tight today and wasn't pushing it.
-It holds a hyzer really well and still pulls out good distance while doing so.
-It also held anhyzer shots equally well, didn't seem to get as much, though...but I admittedly only threw a few.
-On hyzer shots it seemed to stick pretty well where it hit, kind of like a Scale, but when thrown low and hard I was getting some decent skip ups to the pin.
-The little bit of turn I was feeling is actually something I wanted, cause I like to hyzer flip a lot, so I was able to do so a little bit with this disc and get a pretty dead straight shot with a gentle forward penetrating fade at the end.
-It also has the feel of having heavy mass in the wing, kind of like I feel a lot with Wizards, which at least gave it the impression of being really gyroscopic and getting a little more speed in the air than I maybe expected.
-Glide was good, but not as Wizard, like though.
-Overall, just in driving flight characteristics alone, I'd maybe compared this most to a Discmania P2.

Putting:
-Not much to say here... its an Small Bead Aviar clone, so pretty straight on in the circle.
-K3 sticks well to the chains, is nice and durable, and I didn't have any bounce out issues so far.
-On the slower, higher tossed, dropping putts it did show more fade that I expected, which could be useful.

Verdict:
I shot really well with this today. I've been wanting a good driving putter, and thats what this will become... and probably my go to mod as well. I have really fallen for the Berg as my putter, so it won't kick that out so far, but its great to have the driving putter I wanted in K3 while also being able to get a lot more distance than the Berg is capable of in the air.
Its no reinvention of the wheel, but the quality is great, Kastaplast has been pretty consistent too, so I think there are those out there that might really dig the Reko. Especially if you like Omegas, small bead Aviars, or Yetis.

Here it is compared to my 90s SB Aviar:

Compared to a Wizard:

Compared to a Proxy:

And compared to Kastaplast's other putter, the Berg:

Last edited:
I picked up a Reko today and took it out for a round. It really is a nice putter. In 30 degree NE weather it was still tacky and slightly grippy. It is a nice straight putter that I would classify as ever so slightly understable. This will definitely see some bag time and see how it compares to my Proxies.

I was able to get my hands on a Reko this week and I have to say that I am pretty impressed.
It takes a lot to WOW me in the world of PnA's today just because there are so many strong offerings being produced today. Every company seemingly has fantastic driving putters, chains smashers and wind beaters.

Kastaplast already has the Berg as a very popular disc so the Reko has a tough mountain to climb to rise to the forefront.

As Mulligan previously stated, the Reko isn't a reinvention of the wheel like the Berg. It is very similar to a small bead Aviar in nose shape. That said, the Reko does feel a lot more compact than an Aviar and I think this is what helps in amking the Reko a desirable disc.

The slight puddle top, low profile wing has me thinking Fossil Fuel Wizard right away. It is definitely more low profile than your average putter. In the hand it feels small, fast and intimate. I love a putter that has a dipped flight plate because I feel like I can get a more confident feel between my fingers. The Reko fits the bill here perfectly.

Off the tee you will find the Reko to be less stable than a Wizard. The microbead does just enough to stabilize the flight without resulting in much of a fade. 200-250 ft. ropes are easy to achieve with the nice glide and neutral stability.
Given hyzer, it will hold the line with some mild flip
Given anhyzer, it will hold the line while drifting slowly back to level when given enough height.
Throw straight, you will see a beautiful line drive flight pattern.

All in all the Reko is a fantastic, albeit "safe", PnA offering from Kastaplast.
Where the Berg shines in unique flair, the Reko is equally exciting in a modern take on a classic design.
Pick up the Reko if you want a low profile, micro-beaded putter that flies great off the tee or into the chains.

3zbUvcM.jpg

U7j0sOZ.jpg

U600kZf.jpg

Latest posts