[Other] Kastaplast

Was down at my local disc shop today and got to compare a regular K1 Krut with the K1 Hard one and it felt a little bit stiffer than regular K1. If I hadn't had two discs of the same mold side by side to compare I don't think I would've been able to tell the difference, it still has that good, grippy K1 feel to it. It's more like K1 Firm than K1 Hard. Also had my hands on a K1 Soft Järn, it felt great, really bendy as would be expected. I hope it's a little less dumpy than the regular K1 Järn.

If you posted this anywhere but here, folks would be :confused::

The disc names and descriptors are bonkers :D

The Svea is my intro to the K1 Hard plastic. I really like the feel - been in my bag since April since my brother got one for my birthday. I do like their K1 Soft and bag a Kaxe in that plastic too.
I bagged a K1 Soft Falk earlier in the year but had to take it out as it it just wasn't working for me - too dumpy and almost too soft. Would be interested in trying out a plain K1 Falk down the line if I ever get my hands on one.

The Svea is my intro to the K1 Hard plastic. I really like the feel - been in my bag since April since my brother got one for my birthday. I do like their K1 Soft and bag a Kaxe in that plastic too.
I bagged a K1 Soft Falk earlier in the year but had to take it out as it it just wasn't working for me - too dumpy and almost too soft. Would be interested in trying out a plain K1 Falk down the line if I ever get my hands on one.

SVEA in K1 HARD? . . i have never seen one . .i thought K1 Hard was new and the only disc in that plastic was the KRUT

well i got my k1 hard stig. it isnt that hard but the gold is cool looking. Cant test it out because its 400 degrees in texas right now :mad:

ok i tested it and for me the k1 fr stig was slightly more understable than a mint lobster, and k1 stig hard is slightly more stable than a lobster, when thrown hard. id compare to a svea but i haven thrown one in a long time.

i love it, not im just gonna carry 2 stigs and no lobster

Any Kastaplast experts here?
This summer we played the Järva over at Sweden, on same trip I bought some kasta discs from the club house to test out.
Turns out they're pretty nice.
However the Kaxe(K1 plastic) does not seem true to it's numbers(6 4 0 3), bit too straight. Anyone know which runs/plastic/poptop or flat are more stable if I want to seek one out?

Any Kastaplast experts here?
This summer we played the Järva over at Sweden, on same trip I bought some kasta discs from the club house to test out.
Turns out they're pretty nice.
However the Kaxe(K1 plastic) does not seem true to it's numbers(6 4 0 3), bit too straight. Anyone know which runs/plastic/poptop or flat are more stable if I want to seek one out?
They are currently retooling the Kaxe and dropping the KaxeZ. The old mold was getting less and less overstable with time and eventually became very nuetral. Still not a bad disc, but not what the numbers would indicate. If you can find the old runs of Kaxe, then you are in for a treat.

Kaxe Z was just too similar to the Kaxe. The latter is being retooled since the current tooling is apparently not entirely compatible with the equipment used in Lat64s factory.

Both of these make me sad. I like my Kaxe's (Kaxii??) just the way they are. I understand it's not quite Kasta's vision for the mold, but they could just make a Kaxe X or a Kaxe 2.0 or something.
You got time to snatch some backups. They might even be worth money in a year or two because there are people that will miss them.

They are currently retooling the Kaxe and dropping the KaxeZ. The old mold was getting less and less overstable with time and eventually became very nuetral. Still not a bad disc, but not what the numbers would indicate. If you can find the old runs of Kaxe, then you are in for a treat.

Sad to be the messenger but Finland's Powergrip has the retooled ones on preorder, release ninth of November, the description says "this remade Kaxe has better glide than the original and bit less fade".

So looks like New Kaxe is old Kaxe Z?

Sad to be the messenger but Finland's Powergrip has the retooled ones on preorder, release ninth of November, the description says "this remade Kaxe has better glide than the original and bit less fade".

So looks like New Kaxe is old Kaxe Z?

Bought one, here's my review based on around 10 throws: Not as much turn as Stig, not as overstable as the older original Kaxe's (or so I assume), pairs nicely with the former.

I've seen it, in K1 soft. They wanted $30 for it, and they were green, which is not my favorite for summer golf. I'll wait.

But...it's really good.

Interesting. They already have the Jarn and the Gote surrounding the "Roc spot", so I guess they want to be in that Roc3 place, too.

I'll get one for sure when I can get the specific disc I want. I wanted to love the Kaxe, but it doesn't fly well for me.

I've seen it, in K1 soft. They wanted $30 for it, and they were green, which is not my favorite for summer golf. I'll wait.

But...it's really good.

Their lime green colour is excellent! It's incredibly UV reactive and stands out even among foliage, it's just so bright and the hue is very unnatural. I've had people mistake them for glow discs while playing at around dusk.

IMG_20240421_114637.jpg

There's a green Nord in there somewhere. I've only thrown it a handful of times but to me it appeared to be quite overstable.

Latest posts