• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Katana Echo Star Rating

Prothios

I've searched the internet far and wide and can't find anything on this. My buddy had a Katana in Echo Star plastic with the standard echo stamp on it. My regular star katana and every website i can find says its rated 13|5|-3|3, But his disc was stamped 13|6|-2|2. Some websites selling the echo disc even have images with the 13|6|-2|2 stamp visible and describe the disc as 13|5|-3|3. Anyone else notice this? Is it a misprint or does the echo really fly farther and tighter. Oddly enough its the same specs as the dreaded Groove. Unfortunate for him, he lost it playin a round so i can't take a pic of it :doh:

i have seen a avenger ss with the 1.8 stability rating on it or whatever the regular avenger rating is

Sounds like the same thing that happened with the Wraiths that were stamped as speed 12's
But the wraith's profile changed with its rating. The new wraiths are a slimmer profile with a flat top and a shallower inner rim. Compare and contrast Reg* to the E* katanas if you have the stockpile to do so. Pics of old v. new wraiths would be great here too. Starting to wish I threw innova just so I could Photograph these.

well echo star plastic tends to produce more "domey-er" molds. Being more domey, discs have more glide, that might be where the extra stat point comes from. going from a 5, to a 6

Stat

Does the domeyness (if thats a word) of the disc tighten its flight to the -2|2. He hasn't been able to get his new normal katana to fly quit the same as that echo.

I throw Echo Star Boss' and Destroyers.... Boss' are orange and the Destroyers are light green. I have a few of each some stamped with the Echo stamp and some with the Standard.. Not a single one is domey BUT they tend to be more understable. Just my ten cents

I throw Echo Star Boss' and Destroyers.... Boss' are orange and the Destroyers are light green. I have a few of each some stamped with the Echo stamp and some with the Standard.. Not a single one is domey BUT they tend to be more understable. Just my ten cents

every single echo star destroyer ive ever seen is much more "domey-er" look at a comparison between a regular star destroyer and an echo star destroyer huge flight plate difference

Order placed

Well i just ordered an echo katana from discgolfcenter, pic showed 13|6|-2|2 so we'll see when it comes in. I also have both destroyer plastics so i'll compare them tonight but i usually throw the echo as i find its more predictable with my throw style. hole 13 at stoney creek here in goldsboro is a 2 every time with that disc.

Katana Echo Vs Star

Got the new echo katana in today, rated 13|6|-2|2 on the stamp. here's a cross section pic of both star and echo to compare. Found the echo does have considerably more dome so maybe it does have new ratings.

Attachments

• Echo Katana.jpg
    Echo Katana.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Star Katana.jpg
    Star Katana.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 19
Destroyer

Just for comparison here's a destroyer in echo and star. Don't really see much difference here.

Attachments

• Echo Destroyer.jpg
    Echo Destroyer.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Star Destroyer.jpg
    Star Destroyer.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 9
The Echo's definitely have more glide than the champs and stars. Kinda cool that Innova changed the rating based on the plastic since it does make more sense. I have a few discraft and millenium models that have different turn ratings on different plastic.

Just for comparison here's a destroyer in echo and star. Don't really see much difference here.

Looks to me like the top of the wing is quite a bit straighter on the Echo Star Destroyer and the shoulder forms a sharper angle and the outer edge of the disc is more squared off and blunt while the Star has kind of a 2 stage dome and a more curved wing/edge. I'd imagine the actual flight pattern is probably more consistent among the Destroyers though.

Latest posts