• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Daredevil Yeti

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Anyone ever seen or thrown one of these before? I tried one today. Curious disc. Never really seen anything like it. Super wide rim (2.5cm) that is also very concave with a fairly sharp bottom edge. Clear champion-type plastic. Unknown weight. Feels like 170ish. Big dome.

Given flight numbers are 13, 6, -3, 2.

The Yeti has a distinctly odd hand feel due to the rim (as described above). The plastic is gummy, almost to the point of being floppy. Feels like Z FLX or something.

Despite an odd appearance and feel, the Yeti smashes. It's fairly flippy, and flies in a huge S curve. All my best throws were released a little hyzer. The Yeti is flippy, and will turn and burn if you throw it too hard on a flat line. Glide is a little above average, and the late fade is mellow. If you turn the Yeti over too much, it may not come back. I had a few throws that simply went right the whole way.

Once I got a feel for the Yeti I started touching 450' with it pretty consistently. In the field today I had it up against a few other long drivers. The only other driver matching it consistently was a beat Neutron Relativity.

Yeti: 13, 5, -3, 2. I took a little off the glide number. The Yeti glides well, but isn't quite floaty enough to be a 6. All the other numbers seem fine. This disc surprised me with how well it flew. Very reminiscent of a Vulcan or beat Katana. The Yeti can be touchy, but I wouldn't quite call it ridiculously flippy. The Yeti seems "sneaky long". There were throws it didn't look like it was going that far, only to end up beyond all my other discs. The Yeti is a good driver for huge, open bombs where accuracy isn't a big concern. The disc will absolutely go, but you'll need some room to S curve it properly. After just 20 throws or so I'd already say the Yeti is in the top tier of sheer distance drivers I've ever thrown. It'll freaking bomb.

I'm always in the market for sheer distance. My Shrykes are great w/o wind (well, HW), and I'd love to find more wind-reliable bomber options. You just never know until you run the experiment.

Where'd you pick it up?

Play it again find. I've never even heard of anything like it. If you happen upon a Yeti, pick it up. Surprisingly nice driver.

If you want sheer distance options look at the G* Corvette, G* Katana, G* Tern, Relativity, and Excite. All of those will go a long, long way.

Play it again find. I've never even heard of anything like it. If you happen upon a Yeti, pick it up. Surprisingly nice driver.

If you want sheer distance options look at the G* Corvette, G* Katana, G* Tern, Relativity, and Excite. All of those will go a long, long way.

Never thrown a Relativity or Excite. I haven't thrown the Innova discs in G*, but have in other plastics (and except for Katana, have mad respect). I just can't imagine any of them being remarkably different/better than a Shryke up here at altitude. I'm tagging 450' on the reg with them unless the wind is wonky. And without buffoonery for the most part. Holy cow those discs shred. Too flippy at lower altitudes tho.

Never thrown a Relativity or Excite. I haven't thrown the Innova discs in G*, but have in other plastics (and except for Katana, have mad respect). I just can't imagine any of them being remarkably different/better than a Shryke up here at altitude. I'm tagging 450' on the reg with them unless the wind is wonky. And without buffoonery for the most part. Holy cow those discs shred. Too flippy at lower altitudes tho.

450's about what I do on a good day. Every once in a while I'll go past it.

Relativity's worth a look, especially in Proton plastic. It'll give you every bit of your 450'.

One other wild card is the Enigma. It's only a speed 12, but I swear the thing flies as far as any faster disc. I've gone over 450' with Enigmas a few times. Just a hair more stable than a Shryke, but flippier than a Destroyer.

The Yeti has a pretty unique rim compared to a lot of discs. It was a cheeky buy on my part and my first high speed disc I owned, so it coloured my expectation on distance driver rims.

In the Daredevil thread Blobfish convinced me to dust it off, and even with my 100-110metre arm I can get S-lines out of it. It's still a "just for fun" disc for me, but I do like having it there in my larger bag now.

Latest posts