• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] KATANA Wielders

What's the best plastic for a Katana?

• Total voters

EagleWings

Par Member
A thread dedicated to this great disc.
Why do you use the Katana? Don't forget to post pictures.

I don't throw them anymore, but when I did I threw the 1st run Farting Lemon Katanas. They used to be the only speed 12/13 I could throw because they were more understable, but over time they got less and less reliable for me as my throw changed. I put one back in the bag for a while and it was going awesome, but then I got a pro destroyer that was flippier than it was.. So I put it away.

My 166g Star Katana.
Of course it doesn't look as nice and clean now...

Attachments

• KATANA.jpg
    KATANA.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 21
I won the first tournament I ever played in with a 171 champ katana. One disc challenge. Katanas are exceptionally versatile. Even putts nice.

I started out throwing Pro Katanas. Once they broke in they were my go to driver, but they would quickly transition to flippy - not a long window for use. Tried a Star - held it's flight numbers longer - but didn't have same distance. Then came the Blizzard 1st runs with the bubbles in the flight plate. Flew exactly like my seasoned pros, but didn't lose stability as fast....but they don't like to hit metal, rocks or trees....

Tried the later runs of Blizzard, still nice but not the same - might be mental, might be real flight characteristics. Don't know what I am going to do when my last one is gone.......:(

I use a 175g Star Katana for maximum distance. I love how it turns over just enough to get extra distance over my destroyers, and then will always come back. I've never turned it to the point where it hits the ground and rolls (which I hear some players do, and thus never liked Katanas).

It just works so well for me when I put it nice and high (nose down of course). It'll flex and then come back finishing dead straight between the teepad and the pin. I think with star plastic, its got a better ability to flex, which is why if I ever replace it I wouldn't consider anything else except star plastic. Champion plastic might start out more stable than what I want, and if that's the case I'd rather throw a Destroyer than an OS Katana.

Love a good Katana for long drives BH and if it's not windy even some FH distance shots. I have a Pink Champ F2 max weight. Really nice comfortable disc.

Latest posts