• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen Milo 2

Dave Walters

Double Eagle Member
http://www.averyjenkins7495.com/2010/10/03/the-milo-ii-disc-golf-shoe-by-keen/

My local friend Brent Koontz got a pair in the players pack at USDGC.
They look nice. I wonder when they will be released.

5049468532_6e458d59c0.jpg

Available at the End of October 2010

Only available for sale online at www.KEENFootwear.com – $110

A variety of Disc Golfers have tested the MILO in all weather conditions. It provides excellent grip properties, asymmetrical lacing and reinforced toe bumper. Perfect for all weather and all terrain. Debuting at the 2010 United States Disc Golf Championships!!!

And most important – they are also coming out in a women's specific model – made on a women's specific inner shoe last to provide better fit for women.

- KEEN DRY Waterproof Membrane – 100% Waterproof in rainy conditions
- Anti-Bunch Asymmetrical Flex Lace System – Tight/Comfortable Fit
- Super Durable/Reinforced Upper Material – provides foot protection
- S3 Heel Support Structure/ Reinforced Heel Cup – More support and less debris
- Multi-Directional 3 MM Lug Outsole for Traction
- Removable Metatomical Tri-Density Footbed
- Reinforced and More Durable Shoe Side Welding and Thicker Gage Stitching
- Aluminum Top Eyelets for extended wear life

KEEN has been a generous sponsor to the Master's Cup and Beaver State Fling Disc Golf National Tour Events, as well a Major sponsor to this year's United States Disc Golf Championships. They want to see the sport of Disc Golf grow in popularity and increase the number of players worldwide. Please help support the companies that help to support Disc Golf!!!!!!!!!!

"By far the Best Disc Golf Shoe that I have ever played in and they even more durable than ever before. They are extremely comfortable, provide great traction and keep your feet dry all day long. These shoes are the Real Deal!!!!!" – Avery Jenkins #7495, 2009 Disc Golf World Champion

I want to see a pair in a natural Brown Leather color.
Heaven forbid you make it look anything like a hiking boot/shoe.

I hope these are much improved from the first version.

The interior of the tongue on those bunched so badly it created pressure points on the top of my foot that I couldn't stand at all.

Not to derail, but if you need a good, lightweight, waterproof and durable shoe, go with the Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX. Best shoe I've ever worn, period.

106079.jpg

The salomon shoes are okay as long as you have narrow feet (even narrower than most medium width shoes). While I did like the quality, I had to return mine, WAY too narrow. Good think I ordered from Backcountry and their lifetime return policy was great!

The interior of the tongue on those bunched so badly it created pressure points on the top of my foot that I couldn't stand at all.

Agreed. I have the model similar to the milo, and the plastic "K" logo combined with too much tongue width make a pressure point that I have learned to live with. I'm contemplating removing the plastic "K" logo myself, but I don't want to ruin my shoes. It's good to see they've done away with that for this model - milo 2. Other issues with my Keen's are that the lugs on the sole seem to be slowly breaking apart, I'm gonna need some shoe goo soon. And this is only after less than a year of use. I like buying American and from REI, and I will pay extra for it, but I'm hesitant about buying another pair at this point. Maybe this model will be definitive and more durable. I'd appreciate updates from users of this model.

I can get 3 to 4 pairs of merrels or north face @ marshall's for the same $.

In colors that aren't 'circus approved'

at least the blue look a bit better....

Last edited:
Lol how are black and grey shoes 'circus approved'?

I always think it's good to have black or grey shoes to play in. Brown shoes usually look retarded with jeans.

I always think it's good to have black or grey shoes to play in. Brown shoes usually look retarded with jeans.
Do you coordinate all your disc golf outfits?

Hopefully they'll hold up well. Every pair of Keens or Merrills I have owned have fallen apart within a year.

No but at the same time I don't like to look sloppy in case I leave the course and do something after.
I never realized that I shouldn't wear brown shoes and jeans. :\

I must look like some grizzly old miner.

I was talking about the keens (white or blue) not the salomons

milo.jpg

upon further thought...the early milos look like NASA moon buggy rigs instead of circus gear

Still goofy tho

The Milo 2 look alot more like the Keen Obsidian than the original Milos, at least the design (blk and blue instead of blk and grey)

Last edited:
PS. I do coordinate my Disc Golf outfits and I appreciate Black and Grey as nuetral colors.

BTW I recently bought a pair of Keen Obsidian WP in Blk/Grey.

Sweet, I won a 50% off coupon from them this past weekend and its good up to 600, I might get a couple pair

I hope these are much improved from the first version.

Not to derail, but if you need a good, lightweight, waterproof and durable shoe, go with the Salomon XA Pro 3D GTX. Best shoe I've ever worn, period.

106079.jpg

This is the shoe I currently wear but those Milo 2's look great.

Anyone know of anything like this shoe with a Vibram sole?

Latest posts