• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ken Climo lost disc?

discoholic

Par Member
Today my buddy found a disc. On the bottom of the disc was writin: "Thank you for finding me. You were able to do what I could not. As a reward you are now one frisbee richer. Congratulations! Ken Climo". The signature looks the same as the one on the manufactured ones.

I doubt Ken was at our local park in St. Louis. But maybe. Even so, what a cleaver thing to write on a disc. Any thoughts...

pics

Here are some pics, I hope. The writing is worn and hard to see. The disc is a Champion Roadrunner.
ken%20climo%20006_zpsk6dz2pst.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

I doubt Ken was at our local park in St. Louis. But maybe. Even so, what a cleaver thing to write on a disc. Any thoughts...

A good amount of discs that I found were lost by the original owner at a different course, sometimes far away.

The one time I had a disc returned, it was found at a different course then I lost it.

Given the wear on that disc, if Climo ever had it, I would assume it has been through multiple hands since then.

Would KC really call it a frisbee? Cool find, if he did.

yeah that's the sticky point for me

Most old-school disc golfers understand how ridiculous the prohibition on the word "frisbee" is and use it freely in replacement of "golf disc." It's all those uptight younguns that get all freaky when you say frisbee. Hell, I even call disc golf "frolf" from time to time. I just go home from frolfing, as a matter of fact.

:thmbup: I'm going to start writing things like that on the backs of my Innova discs

Only once, lol.

I remember being offended if someone said frisbee, but now I say it.

But back to my search...
I watched In the bag with KC on youtube. Most of his discs are old and worn out, like this one. He seems to like flippy discs, like a this one, but he had no Roadrunners. He had a Sidewinder.

Does anyone have KCs autograph? Does it look like this? It's a bit different than the 12 time stamp. The K is not connected, unlike this disc. The C is connected, also unlike. Handwriting analysis please!

I also want to write something cleaver on my "frisbees". But not fake the almighty KCs signature.

Most old-school disc golfers understand how ridiculous the prohibition on the word "frisbee" is and use it freely in replacement of "golf disc" . . . I just go home from frolfing, as a matter of fact.

How'd you frolf?

Just looked at KC autographs. It's fake. He always separates the C from the limo. Disappointing cause I just traded 2 discs for it. I hope it flys good

Just looked at KC autographs. It's fake. He always separates the C from the limo.

Not necessarily. If you only looked at the stamp on signature discs, that doesn't prove it's a fake: it merely demonstrates the ability to mechanically reproduce a single instance of an autograph.

Also, typically, there are differences between a person's signature and autograph: signatures are typically scribbled; autographs are signed. So you need an example of something that KC signed for his own use, as opposed to something he signed for someone else.