• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kerplunk!!!

unknown2no1

Par Member
Walnut Creek, Charlottesville, VA - 18th hole plays about 440 ft with about 400 ft being water

Never had I thought about going for this before but today I felt it was my day to give it a try, boy was I wrong, about 30 ft from shore at the bottom of the lake is my Innova Pro Katana right in line w/ the basket.

You say 'oh that sucks' right? but it doesn't end there, I then layed up after playing from the tee again, and proceeded to throw my upshot about 15 ft from shore, Kerplunk!!! I was able to retrieve this on however thanks to a good friend and playing partner.

Worst hole I've ever played, 2 in the water, carded a 7 :eek:

Can you remember the worst hole you've ever played? Lets hear about you're meltdowns!!

I threw two in the water on Hole 5 an Winthrop Gold.
I bombed one hell of a great side arm off the tee and it S-turned out over the water and was on it's way back when it went "kerplunk" about 6" from shore... (so I was able to retrieve it).

After laying my third shot up to the zone you want to be to get over the water, I was still faced with a 300-330' shot to dry land. I looked at the disc I had just retrieved from the water and said, "I almost lost you, so if I lose you again it will be as if I lost you in the first place." So I went for it.

I threw a huge side arm, again, practically a perfect shot... but, it S-turned a little to much and went "kerplunk" about 4' from shore... (where, conveniently there was a guy with a dredge dredging up discs... and I got it back again).

From there I ended up getting an 8, which I wasn't all that mad about considering my shots were within inches/feet of being great... and I still had my disc!
DSCJNKY

i saw a top advanced player at the time, now a solid pro, tin cup 4 in a row into the water on hole 18 at walnut in the first or second mountain jam- he finally made it across on the fifth. took him from second in the tourney to 7th or 8th.

i threw 4 in a row into the pond at loriella in the loriella challenge a few years back. i was having a bad round and no fun so tried to skip a thumber off the water for my upshot. i think i got a 12. ironically enough the round wound up being so bad (by one shot) that it fell outside my ratings 2.5 standard deviations and wasn't counted. had i taken one fewer shot it would've counted and my rating would've dropped roughly 10 points.

There's so many to choose from, but I remember getting about a 10 on a simple 250' hole that is usually a good birdie chance. Gale force winds were out that day and when I'd get within 20 feet, I'd miss the putt and the wind would make my disc roll about 100' away.

I've pulled a "Tin Cup" on a few holes in my life, I think the most I've done is gone for the same shot over water 3 times in a row and lost all 3 discs. That's usually my limit before I crack and decide to lay up.

I did kind of the same thing last Saturday at Ashe County Park on hole 3. I threw 3 discs into the water, including my putter. I got it and one of the others back, and shot an 8 (I think) on the hole. It would have been a really bad day if I wouldn't have gotten my putter back. Really bad.

i saw a top advanced player at the time, now a solid pro, tin cup 4 in a row into the water on hole 18 at walnut in the first or second mountain jam- he finally made it across on the fifth. took him from second in the tourney to 7th or 8th.
Not to mention not having 4 discs the rest of the tournament.

iv been getting screwed lately. yesterday I lost my champ xcaliber in the lake and on the next hole lost a POS valk. then today in a tourney after playing the worst game of my life I lost one on the last hole. my game is totally screwed without that XC but luckily I went swimming today and found a star XC and 2 others. that lake has claimed 5 of mine so far. I hate it.

A player in my group today (I won't mention names Bryan) kerplunked one in the lake on the "Canyon Hole" at Oak Grove today... I was right in front of him and managed to clear the lake on a Nice line with my Pro Katana and end up 45 feet from the basket.

Ive seen someone put one in, he took the OB and threw, it went again. After he punched the ground for a few mins, he threw his disc into a tree, about 2 foot from him, it rolled back and landed about 2 inches from the water. After that he kicked it, kicked his bag, and started throwing discs at the basket. It was awesome to watch! :D

Ive seen someone put one in, he took the OB and threw, it went again. After he punched the ground for a few mins, he threw his disc into a tree, about 2 foot from him, it rolled back and landed about 2 inches from the water. After that he kicked it, kicked his bag, and started throwing discs at the basket. It was awesome to watch! :D

Was his name Nikko?

If that ever happened to me I would be ever greatful to the person that stopped it. It may suck at the moment..... but man.... losing a dozen discs will be nauseating later.

I once shot a 12!!!!! Yes a 12, on the boulder hole at Brackett's Bluff. Decent drive, short approach to the base and was putting for a 3. Missed an rolled down the hill more than once. F'ing gimick holes! But I'm not bitter...