• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Kickstarter For Essential Discs

Could it be that the medical/aerospace company isn't doing so well, or not using all of their facility (maybe due to lack of supplies needed) and are trying to find other things to use their idle equipment for?

Of course. I was just speculating like everybody else.

Seems like an odd fit to use a company that does medical and aerospace to mold golf discs though. We're talking about opposite ends of the precision spectrum here. Disc golfers might want consistent discs, but I'm not convinced we'd like the price.

Its odd for sure but Larry is no dummy. He wouldn't be working with them if it weren't possible to put out product at a price point competitive with the other manufacturers. He's pretty disc golf savvy.

Its odd for sure but Larry is no dummy. He wouldn't be working with them if it weren't possible to put out product at a price point competitive with the other manufacturers. He's pretty disc golf savvy.

He definitely seemed like a sharp guy. All I was saying is that it seemed strange on the surface.

Essential is not the only disc company using a manufacturer outside of the game of disc golf for what that is worth.

My point wasn't that the supplier wasn't a DG manufacturer, but that they were likely used to producing higher end plastic parts than needed for DG. That generally comes at a price.

The company I work for is usually looking for a level of quality/precision a bit below what would be required for automotive. If we go talk to an automotive supplier, we have the expectation of a higher price than from our usual supplier pool. Their processes are setup to achieve that level of quality. Aerospace is another step above automotive.

Other side of the coin, there are suppliers who are too quick and dirty even for us. Those
are the kind of suppliers who would seem like a better fit for dg.

My point wasn't that the supplier wasn't a DG manufacturer, but that they were likely used to producing higher end plastic parts than needed for DG. That generally comes at a price.

The company I work for is usually looking for a level of quality/precision a bit below what would be required for automotive. If we go talk to an automotive supplier, we have the expectation of a higher price than from our usual supplier pool. Their processes are setup to achieve that level of quality. Aerospace is another step above automotive.

Other side of the coin, there are suppliers who are too quick and dirty even for us. Those
are the kind of suppliers who would seem like a better fit for dg.

That's how my company makes various plastic parts. :hfive: (even more so if it's not seen by a customer!)

wtf do you mean "they?" This account has to be Larry - the owner of Essential Discs. Replace "they" with "us" or "me."

:p

Don't get me wrong. The Honey is a great disc...

Actually Dave, This is Larry. I am not so big headed to make a handle such as 4U2NV. I mean hey, I like the name, and thanks for the promotion, but that is not me.

Yes, The kickstarter is live as of now and the tooling is all already made. Prices are just for the discs. Because we share the same space that other major manufacturers use like GE and whatnot, in order to get time on the machines on a more regular basis, they want us to show them that there is a demand and need.

The facility just built another wing with 6 more machines and told us if we can raise the money they would dedicate that wing to discs exclusively.

I can't believe there is a pack of 2 of each disc in glow plastic.

I am excited because I love glow and it is hard to find glow discs to fill out a bag. I just snagged one of these packs!

<3<3<3 This makes me so happy!

I can't believe there is a pack of 2 of each disc in glow plastic.

I am excited because I love glow and it is hard to find glow discs to fill out a bag. I just snagged one of these packs!

<3<3<3 This makes me so happy!

To help the cause, how about you post up the link that you are getting these discs from. :thmbup::thmbup:

Latest posts