• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

European Birdies FRID Disc Golf Bag

Looks nice. It kind of looks like if a Grip and Pound bag had a baby and it grew up to be a disc golf bag (obviously, the choice of what it actually wants to grow up and be is up to it; I'm speaking hypothetically).

I think this bag looks pretty solid at first glance. I like the tactical bag straps approach with similar styling from the grip and pound. Most bags will have some sort of "copycat" style, since you can make a backpack bag in so many ways. Hopefully that tactical aspect of their bags can set them apart.

I think this bag looks pretty solid at first glance. I like the tactical bag straps approach with similar styling from the grip and pound. Most bags will have some sort of "copycat" style, since you can make a backpack bag in so many ways. Hopefully that tactical aspect of their bags can set them apart.
It does look nice. I do think though that the molle straps are going to prove to be a lot less useful than people think. For the money I expect to not have to add a bunch of stuff I've had to buy on the side. Most molle pouches aren't going to hold many of the things we carry that the regular pockets don't already carry. How useful is adding 7 carabiners?

I think it looks really solid, but it's a lot of money to ask for what it is. I'm sure people will be very happy with it, but unless they drop by 50% there are just too many good bags that will do what this does.

I didn't look at the price but, yikes that's for sure a detractor.

Sure the price is high but it also depends on where you live.
For me in Sweden the pound octo with fly will be $700 with shipping and vat…so here this bag is closer to a grip than a pound

Sure the price is high but it also depends on where you live.
For me in Sweden the pound octo with fly will be $700 with shipping and vat…so here this bag is closer to a grip than a pound
Good point I did not even look at it that way. So great option for ya'll especially if the quality is similar or better than Pound.

Just 4h to go. . i really want to order one to support. . BUT i need a smaller bag.
I´m trying to get down to 10-12 discs and a bag this big doesn´t work well "half full"

The Pound Carlton would be better for me...but a Swedish bag for $150 less than the Carlton is appealing

Just 4h to go. . i really want to order one to support. . BUT i need a smaller bag.
I´m trying to get down to 10-12 discs and a bag this big doesn´t work well "half full"

The Pound Carlton would be better for me...but a Swedish bag for $150 less than the Carlton is appealing

Yes, it will probably be a bit big if you are only bagging 10-12 discs, but you could fill up the main pocket with towels/extra clothes (which would be easier with a movable divider, which I haven't seen).

Sizewise it seems to be somewhat comparable to the Grip BX3. I asked Doth on his Instagram (while he is testing the proto Frid) about a comparison with the Grip when it comes to quality, storage and comfort and I got this reply:

Doth Savek said:
similar amount of total item storage. Frid can hold more discs. Frid manages storage space better. Frid more comfortable and higher quality.

And about the Kickstarter, the 4 hours I believe is only for the current price. I believe the Kickstarter will keep open for 11 more days, until January 10. However the price for new backers will likely go up by $25 or so from midnight CET.

Last edited:
And with the "foam ridge" in back of the main pocket the discs won't move around as much as in other bags even if not compeletly packed. At least that was what I understood from Doths unboxing/first thoughts.