• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kind of funny story, but kinda long.

j_colby

A few weeks ago I went disc golfing with a few co-workers on a Friday. When we get to the course we can't help but notice two really drunk guys at tee box 1. They are just cracking open a fine box of wine, so we skip to 10 in order to avoid them.

Just as we are finishing 18 we see cops walking the course. Rumor has it they're looking for two guys drinking a box of wine. We continue to 1 and keep playing through. While we play 1 we see the cops leaving. By 4 we can hear the guys on the next hole. We walk to hole 6 and see the attached picture.

I walk up and they are definitely unconscious so I talk to them to ask if they are OK. They wake up and stumble through the next hole. They wrestled and pulled each others shorts down in an open field that spans across three or four holes. Then they tried to make it up the hill to leave but kept falling down. Finally, they started harassing other groups but by then we are leaving.

Another co-worker went out after us and said one of them got about two inches from his face so he had to push him back. He fell over and couldn't get up. I guess the cops came and arrested them both.

So for all of you tl;dr people: don't go to a course and pop open a fresh box of wine. You'll just get arrested.

Attachments

• Disc Golf.jpg
    Disc Golf.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 206
That was a pretty good story. I love how they both look to have been DOMINATED by the wine. Johnny would be proud.

A few weeks ago I went disc golfing with a few co-workers on a Friday. When we get to the course we can't help but notice two really drunk guys at tee box 1. They are just cracking open a fine box of wine, so we skip to 10 in order to avoid them.

Just as we are finishing 18 we see cops walking the course. Rumor has it they're looking for two guys drinking a box of wine. We continue to 1 and keep playing through. While we play 1 we see the cops leaving. By 4 we can hear the guys on the next hole. We walk to hole 6 and see the attached picture.

I walk up and they are definitely unconscious so I talk to them to ask if they are OK. They wake up and stumble through the next hole. They wrestled and pulled each others shorts down in an open field that spans across three or four holes. Then they tried to make it up the hill to leave but kept falling down. Finally, they started harassing other groups but by then we are leaving.

Another co-worker went out after us and said one of them got about two inches from his face so he had to push him back. He fell over and couldn't get up. I guess the cops came and arrested them both.

So for all of you tl;dr people: don't go to a course and pop open a fresh box of wine. You'll just get arrested.

Was this at Carroll Marty? I live in the apartments right next to that course!

wait i thought the problem with disc golf was all the stoners..............:|

No, they are whats right with disc golf, the winos on the other hand.............:D

The problem is YOU for having a problem with what these guys are doing. :rolleyes:

I have seen this logic in so many of the DG image threads so this must be right.

i want to throw a round with those guys. my brothers and cousins and i played a night round with a case of 40s once, cops just laughed

The problem is YOU for having a problem with what these guys are doing. :rolleyes:

I have seen this logic in so many of the DG image threads so this must be right.

I don't really have a problem with the boozing part. It's when they won't leave other patrons alone that's the problem. It's just lake any other public place; when you act like a jerk towards someone else, it's time to go.

I see plenty of drunk guys. Rarely ever are they a problem. There was a Discraft event at the same course a few months back and there were a group of people making comments about people's shots while sitting on their three rolling coolers of Nat(s)ty Light. Other than that it's the occasional bunch of meatheads pounding beers, being loud, and having a tomahawk contest every hole.

u9TlZ.jpg

I witnessed two locals at Bluemont in the early 90's exhibit superhuman throwing skills while they were at an upper exponential of the legal limit.

They started the day picking something or other out of fresh cow patties in the morning, followed by several hours at a wine festival before proceeding to Bluemont where they began consuming an "Oil can" sized Fosters Lager per hole while simultaneously chewing tobacco soaked in Jack Daniels.

I met them on what is now the White tee for hole 1 - a 355 foot alley shot to the 'B" pin protected by a snarled tree with a gap in the center. Mike puts his bag down and immediately trips on it and falls on his face. Joe pulls a Classic Cobra out of his bag and throws it straight down the fairway, through the tree, above the basket, over the mound and across the fourth fairway nearly to the woods... then falls down in the mud on his follow through. Mike took a seven on the hole and Joe proceeded to make the deuce after overdriving the hole by 100+ feet.

I'm walking ahead of them to the Blue tee on 2 when I hear a loud thud behind me. I turn to see them wrestling in the mud on the eighth fairway because Mike had poured an entire beer into Joe's bag. Somehow, they are both still wearing their golf bags when the match finishes on the teepad.

Mike jumps up quickly and tells Joe "It's your tee". Joe stands straight up, takes half a step towards the back of the tee and falls on his face. Joe had tied his shoelaces together.

Mike jumps over him, takes one step and throws a beat Viper through the gap, past the snarled tree, over the red tee, up the hill, over the first road, between two huge oaks and beyond the second road to the short pin placement. This shot is like hitting 3 bull's eyes on a 360foot hole with a 40 foot uphill elevation. He then low putted and the disc rolled all the way back down to the red tee. I digress… The remainder of the round had fewer memorable highlights as I had imbibed two oil cans of my own by the time we got to hole 3…

i like this thread. here is my buddie who had too much before he even showed up to the course

Attachments

• griff.jpg
    griff.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts