• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kiosk Design

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
I've been looking here, Google, Houck Design, Innova, and DGA and have found nothing in the way of kiosk design plans. I'm sure its not that hard to build one, just looking for some instructions before trying on my own.

Any and all help is appreciated :)

Kiosk for what? I also do carpentry, so let me know if I can help with a plan.

i have no skills and i really have nothing to offer from experience, but the best kiosk i remember seeing was i think at oak ledges dgc at lincoln park (not the disc golf board, but the park kiosk). have you seen that one?

i thought i put a pic of it up on the course but maybe i didn't ...

Is it a spot for a person to stand inside or just an information stand? Link a picture of one you like. I can draw up plans for it and create a materials list.

Onced you get the Kiosk built buy a good outdoor bullitin board or it will leak and drive you crazy. I also recommend a company called Stonehouse signs for your map. They specialize in large ski area signs and they can print your course map on the back of a sheet of clear lexan. They look nice, last a long time and not as expensive as you might think.

Or my company Simple Sight Design can do your tee signs, kiosk sponsor list and course map. We've got the talent and know-how, and we're disc golfers too. We collaborate online with you to get your map just right, then solvent print it with an anti graffiti laminate. Top quality product without gauging our fellow discgolfers.
May_2011_PeteyEllicottCreek068.jpg

May_2011_PeteyEllicottCreek114.jpg

Lost of kiosks have slots or bins where you can pick up pencils and scorecards - has anybody seen a kiosk that has a dispenser for person-size plastic sheets (think poncho) that you can use to stay dry if it starts raining?

I'm thinking it could be as simple as a 4x4-foot flat sheet with a hole for your head - mount on a roll like they have produce bags at the supermarket.

Maybe it's my total lack of faith in humanity talking, but that seems like an invitation for the local hoodlums to wrap all the baskets with 4x4 person-sized sheets of plastic.

Lost of kiosks have slots or bins where you can pick up pencils and scorecards - has anybody seen a kiosk that has a dispenser for person-size plastic sheets (think poncho) that you can use to stay dry if it starts raining?

I'm thinking it could be as simple as a 4x4-foot flat sheet with a hole for your head - mount on a roll like they have produce bags at the supermarket.

Alternately, maybe you could get the park to install a vending machine at the park's bathroom facilities, and stock it with ponchos, pencils, scorecards, even mini discs. Paying $1 (or whatever) for a disposable poncho or 25 cents for a scorecard or a pencil would deter the local hoodlums from taking everything.

Our course has the slots offering dog poo baggies, scorecards, park brochures and nothing gets completely depleted or strewn about by hoodlums.

A lot depends on the setting of the course and the population that uses it. If the course is across the street from a large public high school, you're going to get a different result than if it is in a rural setting.

I think a simple two sided bulletin board with end posts and a gable roof is sufficient. One side for park info and one for disc golf stuff. For the board I've seen a single sheet of plywood (4'x5'ish) framed with U-channel where there is a gap between the front of the U-channel and the front of the board (~3/4" gap). One end of the U-channel frame is hinged and a single sheet of lexan slides into the U-channel. Open the hinged end, slide the lexan out and pin your flyers / brochures to the board then slide the lexan back in and close the hinged end. Below the board there can be info boxes like those used for real estate sale flyers where maps can be easily accessed and replaced.
I'd like to see one side have an extended roof line to provide a few people a little temporary shelter if it rains.

Latest posts