• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Knee Braces

smyith

Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur
Silver level trusted reviewer
any suggestions from those that wear knee braces on ones that are comfortable for both warm and cool weather?

Where is your knee pain? I have really good luck with one of these, I get some pain right under my knee cap once in a while so I keep one in the bag.

Where is your knee pain? I have really good luck with one of these, I get some pain right under my knee cap once in a while so I keep one in the bag.

i get mine on the sides of the knee cap and sometimes behind the knee.

I have two bad knees, and I like to use the simple 'Spenco' neoprene braces you can buy at Wal-Mart. They will last about 6 months, then they get stretched out and have to be replaced.

I tried a knee brace for a while after tripping and wrenching my knee pretty badly a while back. Never did like it; horribly restrictive (which I guess is the point but still) and could not throw with it on at all.

Good luck finding one that works.

I don't know what brand it is, but I used one of the grocery store brands that velcros together and used it for soccer, softball, disc golf, and broomball. It took about a year of steady use before the velcro stopped holding. I would sweat like crazy when I used it in the more physical situations, but it wasn't super distracting.

The neoprene ones like wally world sells work pretty good and provide compression and seem to stabilize the knee some. At least it helps mine

DonJoy makes great stuff, but is pricey. I hurt my ACL, PCL, meniscus, and bone bruising. This is what I used and works great and is not nearly as restrictive as it looks.

legend.jpg

http://www.braceshop.com/donjoy-se-4-legend-knee-brace.htm

I use a Nike Patella band for both of my knees. It gives great support I have been using them for years through tennis and football.

Latest posts