• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forehand brace angle

Thediscgolferguy

Par Member
Hi all, I'm wondering a bit regarding the brace with the forehand.

I see most of pros they have about a 100 or above angle with their plant foot. Barsby is more upright and has a kind of rounded leg while looking at Eagle throwing 100% he gets almost to a 95 degree angle with his hamstrings almost inline with the ground.

For myself I do end up pretty similar as Eagle on most of my forehand power drives, however, my knee is more straight stacked on my heel - is this a bad thing to have the knee bent even more forward than Eagle? And what's a nice sweet spot for distance?

aScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 21.36.49.pngScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 21.36.11.pngScreenshot 2023-07-31 at 21.34.39.png

Hard to say for certain about a static position, as everyone is built different and we throw different lines and trajectories.

I think the idea behind bracing is to not leak/collapse forward, so the energy transfers up the chain more efficiently.

Hard to say for certain about a static position, as everyone is built different and we throw different lines and trajectories.

I think the idea behind bracing is to not leak/collapse forward, so the energy transfers up the chain more efficiently.

Interesting article, I don't know much about pitching, but I can see they really extend their leg and from what I understand from the little I've read from the article it seems to be beneficial to land on the front foot versus heel in order to get a good plant extension.

I've never really thought about much about extending in the brace, but looking at Ricky now in slowmo I can see there is some extension at the hit of course far more less than someone pitching which kind of hyerextends (reminds me of Barela)

I've never given this much attention in my own forhand throw, I think of my leg as more like just stopping all the momentum and I sometimes seem to leak a little bit forward with the knee, so maybe I should start pushing more up and extending it?

No expert, at all.

We are a bunch of friends, were most of us throw 4xx forehands and the most common thing is that we don't leak forward as SW said. ..

You could experiment with different "braces", the most important part is to take care of yourself and not going full power into a new mechanic, you might end up hurting yourself.

Latest posts