• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Konipiste Open

I feel like our sport is at a Point were i par is a failure. . i really dont like that

At this point Ricky is in the running for the worst round of disc golf ever played.

PAR has never been the ideal way to compare course difficulty or performance in disc golf. If you just take the simplistic example where one course has 18 holes with each averaging about 2.6 and another course with 18 holes averaging 3.4 each, they could both be considered par 54 courses. And yet, the scoring average difference between the two is over 14 throws.

PAR works better for ball golf course and record comparisons because they only use courses within a relatively narrow range of difficulty for PGA play (around 6 strokes) versus courses in five different 6 shot ranges for disc golf. You don't see Par 3 courses used in PGA play where some players might eventually shoot up to 18 under to undermine the 13 under record rounds on their par 72 courses.

If you look att avg for all 127players the pars o spot on, almost . . . it´s just the top 10-20 players are SOO good that the Courses looks easy

If you look att avg for all 127players the pars o spot on, almost . . . it´s just the top 10-20 players are SOO good that the Courses looks easy

Good point. We shouldn't allow players under 970 to play in Majors.

So now after I just watched round 1 coverage. I see a lot of slipping on the tees. When are we going to get standards for teepads. I would be kinda pissed if I showed up to play here for a Major title and the teepads are subpar in my opinion.

No offense to the American guys but I think I'm rooting for Seppo. It would be good for the game over there to have a Scandinavian player beat several top American players, who are playing well, at a big event. The more those guys get exposure, the more they can come over for more events here. It wont be long till more guys from Sweden/Finland/Czech/etc are competing at the top, of the top level events as consistently as our guys and that can only mean good things for us, the viewers.:thmbup:

Last edited:
Eveliinas -5 is super good. . and to beat Cat by 12 in the form Cat have had is incredible. . Innova need more FPO players at the top of the leaderboard in big US events. . so send Eveliina

No offense to the American guys but I think I'm rooting for Seppo. It would be good for the game over there to have a Scandinavian player beat several top American players, who are playing well, at a big event. The more those guys get exposure, the more they can come over for more events here. It wont be long till more guys from Sweden/Finland/Czech/etc are competing at the top, of the top level events as consistently as our guys and that can only mean good things for us, the viewers.:thmbup:

If you're gonna do that, I think I saw one guy from GB, a couple from Poland, and at least one from Estonia. Might as well dig deep. :)

Course seems a litte "soft". As in, theres not really too many places for a pro to screw up beyond par, what with OB being almost nonexistent and the rough is not too rough either. You take a bogey and youre likely losing 2 strokes to a lot of players.

That being said, I predict tomorrows lead card to go well under -50 in total.

If you're gonna do that, I think I saw one guy from GB, a couple from Poland, and at least one from Estonia. Might as well dig deep. :)

:thmbup:;)

Eveliinas -5 is super good. . and to beat Cat by 12 in the form Cat have had is incredible. . Innova need more FPO players at the top of the leaderboard in big US events. . so send Eveliina

Isn't Eveliina Salonen only 18? I'm sure there will be plenty of trips to the US to compete in her future. She's already taken Cat down at a couple big Euro events, including last weekend. No doubt she's going to be a contender in FPO for years to come.

Seppo is doing awesome so far. He's been having a tendency to not start tournaments well but this time he got past that.

Seppo is doing awesome so far. He's been having a tendency to not start tournaments well but this time he got past that.

Yeah he usually starts slow and finishes strong. Let's just hope that this is his slow start, because then we are in for a treat and have a real chance for a first Finnish Major win in the history of disc golf.

Latest posts