• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kops Park, Milwaukee WI Is it a course? Should it be listed on DGCR?

Is Kops Park in Milwaukee WI a course and should it be listed on DGCR?

• Yes is it a course! and I am happy it is listed.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No it is not a course but I am still happy it is listed.

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • No it is not a course and has no place being on this site!

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
so, let me get this straight - kops park just disappeared? where am I going to go this weekend? that was on my wishlisted list.

so, let me get this straight - kops park just disappeared? where am I going to go this weekend? that was on my wishlisted list.

I was just about to add it to my wishlist. Roc, TomJuilio, and me were all going to meet up there for a DG weekend.

I dont know if I will have enough energy to play all weekend, it might be too much golf

I was just about to add it to my wishlist. Roc, TomJuilio, and me were all going to meet up there for a DG weekend.

Well, I'm back on the phone with a Travelocity operator. Getting refunds and trying to get the same deals for Spassland.

Aggreed, but I wanted to try to break the course record.

neg 2 . . . twice . . . . the same day . . . by the same person . . . and I love the . . . it leaves so much suspense in my comments

Someone said barry shot a 3. Whos lying here

someone claimed that but there were no witnesses to his supposed neg 3! and his round isnt posted on dgcr so it doesnt count as a course record. . . .Anthong better get on here and post his 53 from the USDGC or it wont count

Cool well Im going to go rest up for this weekend, see yall soon on that bad mama jama

I hope the baskets dont get pulled from all this negative exposure! That would make for a disappointing road trip from anywhere

...in all seriousness, and I hope this fact doesn't get lost in all this humor...

There are two baskets and a small course where there was previously NONE! This allows for some kid to enjoy something maybe he has never heard about or tried. Some dad with his daughter spending a few hours laughing, having fun together...or even the next Barry Schultz(who is from the area) to get a head start on his/her PDGA career!

The Course designer is a great guy and is a tremendous contributor to the Midwest disc golf scene. I play in his leagues and tourneys, and even got my ass handed to me on the top card once by him in a small local tourney. He is doing what I believe we all should be doing while we play...and that is promoting this great sport of ours...not only locally, but nationally. He did the best job broadcasting live during during the USDGC that I had seen. Thank you Terry.

Never forget why you kept playing after you picked up your first disc and hit chains. EVER. I never will.

...rant over.

...in all seriousness, and I hope this fact doesn't get lost in all this humor...

There are two baskets and a small course where there was previously NONE! This allows for some kid to enjoy something maybe he has never heard about or tried. Some dad with his daughter spending a few hours laughing, having fun together...or even the next Barry Schultz(who is from the area) to get a head start on his/her PDGA career!

The Course designer is a great guy and is a tremendous contributor to the Midwest disc golf scene. I play in his leagues and tourneys, and even got my ass handed to me on the top card once by him in a small local tourney. He is doing what I believe we all should be doing while we play...and that is promoting this great sport of ours...not only locally, but nationally. He did the best job broadcasting live during during the USDGC that I had seen. Thank you Terry.

Never forget why you kept playing after you picked up your first disc and hit chains. EVER. I never will.

...rant over.

A comment like that earlier in this discussion might have saved the course . . . and I have said many of those things to designer myself multiple times. Keep it all in perspective guys, and thanks for letting me post like a post whore while I have been home sick ALL DAY. I didn't get much done today, but I did have fun!

...rant over.

Terry Miller is the man for sure. Anyone who has ever played in the milwaukee area basically owes him a debt of gratitude, he is "the advocate", at least for those of us who started playing in the last 5 years. Every once in a while you'll see him set up with all his discs for sale at courses, sitting there patiently waiting to forward the sport. Finally met him at the valley view ace race a few weeks ago, he is one of those guys who gives of himself so the rest of us can have a good time.

All this talk about growing the sport--even if it's just 2 baskets in a park--makes me want to share my idea I've dubbed "Johnny Basketseed"...it'd basically be a program, funded through individual donations and hopefully company contributions (like from Innova, the PDGA, etc.), to install single baskets in city parks and other locations around the country. I don't know that it'd be a huge success or even a worthy cause, but just imagine if you're on an 8-hour car trip to see the in-laws, stop at a rest stop off the interstate, and see a solitary basket shimmering and beckoning...would you not hang out at that rest stop for a little longer and toss some putts? I bring my bag with me everywhere, so I'd jump at ANY opportunity to work on my putting and short game, especially when the next forseeable round is hours or days away!

Thoughts?

I've had the same thoughts, but I am skeptical (sounds like you might be too). Overall, I think the 99.9% majority of the population would not use them. Rather the real enthusiasts will be carrying their portable baskets (I carry a skillshot most trips)