• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kristin Tattar #73986

That seems weird to me - I understand not beating up on inferior competition, but if someone wants to play....

-Don't like the idea of penalties for doing so.

-Think lower level players would get a boost playing with a top pro.

I don't know the details. It could have been somewhat unintentional, like using a formula of top three finishes at supertour events divided by total events played, or something like that.

I don't know the details. It could have been somewhat unintentional, like using a formula of top three finishes at supertour events divided by total events played, or something like that.

Or it could be that losing a lower tier event tarnishes the image.

Right or wrong, brands like Nike are all about marketing. How else does one sell $10 shoes for $200?

Point being, they know or think they know what sells product or hurts sales. Writing that into the contract is atleast pseudo-logical.

More than that, a pro told me her incentives had penalties for playing lower tier events.

I can't imagine that there are actual "penalties"- lesser or no incentives is most likely the case. For instance my contract has incentives for winning B tiers but not for C.

Obviously, this crowd is heavily disc golf centric, so we see Kristen in a different light than the general population does.

But I can't help but wonder: How many Estonians have a higher profile? Not only internationally, but in Estonia?

I'm not casting shade on the country or anyone else in particular, but I certainly can't think of a more recognizable, higher profile Estonian.

Her game is peaking during the biggest growth spurt the sport's ever seen.

Obviously, this crowd is heavily disc golf centric, so we see Kristen in a different light than the general population does.

But I can't help but wonder: How many Estonians have a higher profile? Not only internationally, but in Estonia?

I'm not casting shade on the country or anyone else in particular, but I certainly can't think of a more recognizable, higher profile Estonian.

Her game is peaking during the biggest growth spurt the sport's ever seen.

Not to detract from her success, but Estonia certainly has a ton of famous athletes....in Estonia. We likely are not well versed on some of the sports that are really popular there. Nordic ski events (combined, Nordic, cross country, biathlon...) F1 racing, soccer and Olympic sports are all very popular in that part of the world.

I never was well versed on world geography. I had never spoken the word Estonia until Kristin Tattar came on to the disc golf scene, and then I had to look it up and read about it. It's just neat to see disc golf become a world wide sport.

Not to detract from her success, but Estonia certainly has a ton of famous athletes....in Estonia. We likely are not well versed on some of the sports that are really popular there. Nordic ski events (combined, Nordic, cross country, biathlon...) F1 racing, soccer and Olympic sports are all very popular in that part of the world.

Right. Kristen has become a superstar in our little bubble of disc golf but I would think there are literally hundreds of better known athletes within Estonia.

Firstly, hopefully it goes well. Secondly, hopefully recovery/rehab doesn't keep her out of next season for too long.

Wonder when she can start to throw again and when we will se her on tour?
The first leg of her 2021 US tour was not her best so a guess is that she will skip that. .
Just hope that she will not miss as much as Eagle did last year.

Yes, I follow her on Instagram and saw this. Anxious to find out what recovery time will be and whether it impacts her throwing style in any way. Wishing the best to her, she's been a lot of fun to watch and follow the last couple of years.

Was it more of a "nerve pinch" that just gave her pain but nothing was really "broken" in her elbow?

Last edited: