• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LA County Ban!!

Without looking, I'm going to guess this is because of how many people are on an LA beach at one time. Too many people in the space available to be playing long range catch games.

Just speculating.

LA is a different son of a beach compared to the rest of socal, but this is rediculous. Time to make a voter proposition and recall this stupid ban.

I'll give you that the state varies greatly dependent upon geographic location, but you guys still have some of the most insane taxes and regulations decided upon even at the state level.

...and I'm sure that video accurately portrays the real reason for the decision, or at least what they want you to believe happens when people throw around frisbees with careless abandon. :D

Sounds like someone was recently hit with a disc at the beach!

Welcome to political correctness and big government gone mad. For so e reason, once they start, they can't stop. Morons! There should be an organized 10,000 disc throw off scheduled for LA County.

So what? I dont throw frisbees, i play disc golf. Honestly, i would be annoyed by a group of idiots throwing a lid while im trying to relax on the beach.

Golf discs and ultra stars should be legal then since they technically arent "frisbees". Stay away from wham-o discs and you should be fine :thmbup:

So what? I dont throw frisbees, i play disc golf. Honestly, i would be annoyed by a group of idiots throwing a lid while im trying to relax on the beach.

If Dog walkers and Disc golfers can coexist I think there is room for playing catch and "relaxing" on a public beach. So throwing footballs and frisbees are only for idiots? Hmm, who is the idiot here?

There are too many people on the beaches of LA county. The local government should ban all people with blue and green eyes from attending the beach during the peak season. That would free up some room for the rest.

After all, we've learned to accept tyranny. No reason to stop it.

If Dog walkers and Disc golfers can coexist I think there is room for playing catch and "relaxing" on a public beach. So throwing footballs and frisbees are only for idiots? Hmm, who is the idiot here?

I didn't say only idiots throw footballs and frisbees. I said, "I would be annoyed by a group of idiots throwing a lid." Please read over that quote a few times to understand what I was saying and also discover the proper usage of quotation marks.
There are very likely many idiots who throw lids and footballs at beaches, just like everywhere else. At heavily populated beaches they will likely bother some who would like to relax which is probably the reason for the ban.
Although it's unlikely, hopefully by now you have ascertained the answer to you're own question. If not, I'll help, it's you.

So True!!!

There are too many people on the beaches of LA county. The local government should ban all people with blue and green eyes from attending the beach during the peak season. That would free up some room for the rest.

Some people are more equal tha others.

As a blue eyed person of Scots-Irish descent, I assure you I'm doing my part to stay off the beach as much as possible.