• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lake McMurtry Disc Golf Courses, Stillwater OK

Jaredav

Two disc golf courses are currently in construction out at Lake McMurtry located in Stillwater OK. The south course is more wooded and technical and the north course is more in the open. Initial clearing has been finished and baskets and tee-pads are being installed currently. There are two tee-pads for each hole (expert & beginner pads). Very excited to get these up and going. There will be opportunities for volunteer work days as well!

Disc golf and Eskimo Joe's... I already have been eager for a visit home, this makes Stillwater get added to places to visit whenever it is that I can get down there.

When do you expect them to be done?

Expected completion of the South course will be early April 2013 and Expected completion of the north course will be June 2013.
Pretty exciting stuff

This is great news. Cant wait to play these courses. The south course sounds like it will be really cool. Keep us posted on the progress out there.

Sure is, I have to say, constructing a disc golf course is more work than one may think. Makes me appreciate other courses, especially those that are well maintained.

the south course is playable, meaning... we have most of the clearing done, baskets in the ground, and flags marking the spots for the tee pads. We currently have half of the course's tee pads formed and in the ground, we are just waiting for some dryer weather (cant believe I am actually saying "dryer weather") to actually pour the concrete. So yes the south course is playable and we have already had a few eager disc golfers play it.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_20130218_140919.jpg
    IMG_20130218_140919.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20130208_144710.jpg
    IMG_20130208_144710.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 13
Nice work. Those pics of the holes is looking good. Can't wait to go play here. Keep up the good work and keep us up to date.

Sweet. Now for a road trip to Stillwater. How many courses does that make now in Stillwater?

after these two are complete that will make 4.

1. Lake Mcmurtry south
2. Lake Mcmurtry north
3. Boomer Lake
4. Hoyt Grove/couch park

Latest posts