• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf at the OK Corral

txmxer

* Ace Member *
Exciting round this morning. We played Bicentennial in Crowley. Holes 3 through 9 go up and down a ridgeline/transmission line right of way. Opposite the park side of the ROW is a neighborhood. We just finished 4 (about 7:15 am) so we are on the ridgeline and hear about 3 gun shots from the neighborhood. A minute later all hell breaks loose and there about a dozen shots fired. Then it's sirens and we hear someone (female) scream/crying.

Nothing on the news yet. CPD posted on Facebook that a shooting occurred in the area, there is ongoing investigation, no threat to the public, but no more details.

It was kind of surreal when it started. Living in Texas for decades and typically somewhat in the country, hearing gunshots is not unusual. Always concerns me because I don't know if the shooter is acting responsibly or not. Because there was just a few shots initially and then quiet, I assumed maybe someone was clearing there gun. Not a great idea in a neighborhood, but people do dumb things. When the rapid succession of shots came a minute later it was a unnerving.

We couldn't see the action as there is privacy fence all along the area, but it was definitely too close for comfort.

Hope your next round is fun and without the fireworks.

Exciting round this morning. We played Bicentennial in Crowley. Holes 3 through 9 go up and down a ridgeline/transmission line right of way. Opposite the park side of the ROW is a neighborhood. We just finished 4 (about 7:15 am) so we are on the ridgeline and hear about 3 gun shots from the neighborhood. A minute later all hell breaks loose and there about a dozen shots fired. Then it's sirens and we hear someone (female) scream/crying.

Nothing on the news yet. CPD posted on Facebook that a shooting occurred in the area, there is ongoing investigation, no threat to the public, but no more details.

It was kind of surreal when it started. Living in Texas for decades and typically somewhat in the country, hearing gunshots is not unusual. Always concerns me because I don't know if the shooter is acting responsibly or not. Because there was just a few shots initially and then quiet, I assumed maybe someone was clearing there gun. Not a great idea in a neighborhood, but people do dumb things. When the rapid succession of shots came a minute later it was a unnerving.

We couldn't see the action as there is privacy fence all along the area, but it was definitely too close for comfort.

This seems like a fairly common occurence:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/1...shooting-after-youth-basketball-game/2294920/

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/l...exas/287-feeddf70-8d01-4c48-b0d7-6c6d814146c5

https://www.audacy.com/krld/news/local/fort-worth-man-dies-shootout-during-crowley-home-invasion

https://www.star-telegram.com › crime › article263555568

I found a loaded Sig laying next to the tee of #1 at Dash's Track earlier this year. Nice neighborhood, like an $800 sidearm.

Just a shooting? Whew. Good thing it wasn't lightening.

Unfortunately, yes. Far too common these days.

I hear noise from time to time around around here, most of the time it sounds like fireworks, but it leaves you guessing.

There is farmland behind us, and suburban stuff in front of us so it is a good mix, and you never really know for certain.

Trap shooters?

I would think Clay pigeon shooters would be a bigger problem...
Alot of the trap shooters I shot against weren't very good at hitting faster target like deer grazing in a field...

Trap shooters?

I would think Clay pigeon shooters would be a bigger problem...
Alot of the trap shooters I shot against weren't very good at hitting faster target like deer grazing in a field...

Ok, since you wanna go down this rabbit hole on a fairly innocuous humorous comment.

Trap is the only comparison here since discs travel in relatively same direction as a trap target. Unless you are one of them fancy boys who throws scoobers, tomahawks, thumbers, and discs that somehow and for some unbeknownst reason go sideways across the fairway instead of away from the thrower.

Now tell me, are you one of them fancy boys?

Ok, since you wanna go down this rabbit hole on a fairly innocuous humorous comment.

Trap is the only comparison here since discs travel in relatively same direction as a trap target. Unless you are one of them fancy boys who throws scoobers, tomahawks, thumbers, and discs that somehow and for some unbeknownst reason go sideways across the fairway instead of away from the thrower.

Now tell me, are you one of them fancy boys?

Fancy boy...
Definitely not...

Just don't want trap shooters getting a bad rap.

I have had discs go across the fairway though, usually because of richoccets off of trees...
And there was this one time with a Fossil Stego...but you will have to go the Stego thread to read that.

Fancy boy...
Definitely not...

Just don't want trap shooters getting a bad rap.

I have had discs go across the fairway though, usually because of richoccets off of trees...
And there was this one time with a Fossil Stego...but you will have to go the Stego thread to read that.

Lolol. This bring me back to my shooting days. Trap was my best game, but clays was my favorite and most fun. Always some awesome banter back and forth between the trap and clay folks.

I actually did see one or 2 discs go directly across fairway yesterday, it was a six some of people just out to have fun with no clue what they were doing. I miss that feeling sometimes.

Since I still haven't come up with a product idea to make me filthy rich yet, maybe there's a market for a disc golf backpack with a place for a ballistic plate?

Since I still haven't come up with a product idea to make me filthy rich yet, maybe there's a market for a disc golf backpack with a place for a ballistic plate?

1) Only works if they shoot you in the back.

2) Smart shooter will wait till your putting from the edge of C1, because you'll remove your bullet proof backpack, and you'll be still long enough for them to get a good shot off.

Don't shoot me. I'm just the messenger. :|

Lolol. This bring me back to my shooting days. Trap was my best game, but clays was my favorite and most fun. Always some awesome banter back and forth between the trap and clay folks.

I actually did see one or 2 discs go directly across fairway yesterday, it was a six some of people just out to have fun with no clue what they were doing. I miss that feeling sometimes.

Been twenty years since I shot. Did it so my dad didn't have to drive to and from the ranges at night. Was the youngest shooter by easily 20 years. Must have been in the blood, because almost everyone else was a veteran, but I only had training from my dad when I was in elementary school with a BB gun. Almost 20 years after, my mom asked to go with my dad so he didn't have to drive (although dad liked having a designated driver for after the matches) in the dark. The trap league was always during late fall/early winter.
I never tried clay pigeon shooting.
Once I did go with my dad to an outdoor range for a competition that was targets quarter mile away. This was after competing over the winter indoors. I did not compete and the guys on my dads team were upset with my exhibition...
I shot better then all of them except for my dad and 2 other fellows.

Been twenty years since I shot. Did it so my dad didn't have to drive to and from the ranges at night. Was the youngest shooter by easily 20 years. Must have been in the blood, because almost everyone else was a veteran, but I only had training from my dad when I was in elementary school with a BB gun. Almost 20 years after, my mom asked to go with my dad so he didn't have to drive (although dad liked having a designated driver for after the matches) in the dark. The trap league was always during late fall/early winter.
I never tried clay pigeon shooting.
Once I did go with my dad to an outdoor range for a competition that was targets quarter mile away. This was after competing over the winter indoors. I did not compete and the guys on my dads team were upset with my exhibition...
I shot better then all of them except for my dad and 2 other fellows.

The joke at our club was: Q: How do you tell a trap shooter from a skeet shooter? A: Their belt buckle faces downward.

1) Only works if they shoot you in the back.

There's your million-dollar idea! A ballistic vest with disc-sized pockets all over where you can reach them - maybe some putters in front, distance driver or utility discs in the back since they don't get used as much. I'm thinking maybe 6 discs total and a bottle holder.

Latest posts