• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lamest "lost disc" story?

Script

Eagle Member
Putting practice. Yeah, not that big of a yard. 4 discs enter 3 discs return. I thought it would be a good idea to throw them over the house. I find 3 all within 5 feet... the other one is nowhere to be seen. I jumped the neighbors fence and looked for 30 minutes in the damn cedars. :doh:

Oh well. What's your lamest "lost disc" story?

Just this last weekend, I lost my Ching Velocity practicing drives at Sunset park. No woods/bushes/water .. just grass, and I couldn't find that thing to save my life.

Some guy called me yesterday, to tell me that he found it, but I couldn't run out and grab it. He said he'd stick it in his bag until we could hook up, but told me that it was laying in the middle of the old baseball diamond. I felt pretty stupid.

Hit a tree off of an elevated tee at Bertrand Park. Couldn't have been more than 30 feet away. Went down the stairs to the base of the tree and....nothing. Searched for damn near 20-30 minutes, had a group play through that helped look, had a park employee help look. Searched in increasingly farther distances thinking that maybe it skipped off the tree. The underbrush is pretty non-existent there, so it wasn't like it could really hide anywhere. Just gone. Still can't believe how it disappeared like that.

This did not happen to me, but I know someone who left there bag on top of their car, and well, you know the rest.

This did not happen to me, but I know someone who left there bag on top of their car, and well, you know the rest.

Oh no, that's awful - I have nightmares about just this.

This thread is for me... most of my lost disc stories are so damn lame. I shall be king of lame lost discs.

Putting practice, I set up my skillshot in a gravel pit (a small, narrow pit, high ridges on 3 sides, I putt from the 4th side) 4 putters enter, my Wizard doesn't make it back - I threw it on an anny around a gravel pile, I watched it catch an edge and cut roll to the left, nowhere to be found.

Russelville Arkansas. After surviving nearly all 18 holes without losing a single disc in the water that is *everywhere* I am tossing my approach shot on hole 18 - my dart lands just to the right of the basket. I pick up my champion boss from my feet and lob it towards the basket as a "practice throw"/victory toss. Boss hits tree and falls into the water. I strip down to my boxers and swim for 20 minutes, only result is an 156 R-Pro boss, kind of an even trade I guess... boss for a boss.

Somewhere outside of Little Rock. Champion x-out teebird, driving practice into a milk carton (don't ask) griplock sends disc on a huge s-curve into small pond - this one is not even on a course, I doubt it will ever be found.

I'll stop there, I'm embarrassing myself.

my buddy left his discs on top off the car... when he noticed them in the rear view mirror he stopped and one actually rolled past us... no lost discs though just funny and stupid...
i threw one about two months ago into a patch of woods literally fifty feet off the tee saw it hit a tree and... yeah forty mins later my orc was gone... nice tye-dye too... and then theres the champ valk that got left in the MIDDLE of the fairway... probably the lamest way to lose a disc, maybe the basket...

Today.

I spent more than a half hour this morning looking for my first forehand drive attempt! :doh:

Practice hole shooting at the pin for 18 while walking towards hole 1. We were the only people on the course. It was 50ft+ in front of where I was positive it landed, and as usual we found it as soon as I was about to give up and look after the round. The "fairway" if you could call it that was full of 2ft tall weeds with stickers that took 5-10 minutes to pick out of my shoes. :thmbdown:

I will try again, but maybe on a nice open field for a while.

and then theres the champ valk that got left in the MIDDLE of the fairway... probably the lamest way to lose a disc, maybe the basket...

I've found 2 discs this week that way, a dx roc sitting underneath a basket this morning at Sunset in Riverton WY. And last Tuesday I found a beat dx Viking in the basket of Hole 9 at Clarks Grove, MN. I just watched those guys drive away - waited for a few minutes to see if they'd come back, nope. Both unmarked.

Lol, I was throwing my discs over the house the other day to a blind basket, but found them all:).

I threw my Champion gummy Spider (I loved that thing) with a high hyzer out over a baseball field and it came back into the thin woods. I looked for nearly an hour for that thing (everytime I came back to that hole on the next few rounds) but couldn't find it anywhere. I think it got stuck in a tree or something, I'm pretty sure I would have found it if it came to the ground. I'm surprised I didn't find it in the trees cuz I looked pretty good:confused:.

My first disc lost was a Star Coyote. To this day I have no idea how I lost it. My best guess is that I left it or it fell out of the bookbag I was using at the time. Yeah, I know, that story sucked.

I lost my Tie Dye QJLS at Maiden Shade near Fairbault MN, just to the right in the tree line on the killer hole 3, looked for 30 minutes with nothing - and it's a narrow strip of trees! 10 days later, I come back to the same hole, for S&G I walk the tree line again, and there it is, just laying on the ground in plain view.

I'm not going to name names on this one, but I have watched three highly rated pros at USDGC throw putts on the beach hole (#6) and miss completely going into the water. Also saw a guy toss a disc towards his bag on the ground and it ended up rolling into the drink on #17. Lots of discs lost at Winthrop.

Left a star teebird on the practice field one time; didn't realize it until I played a round about six days later. I can imagine some townie finding it and giving it to his dog or using it as a dinner plate. That's how people in Central PA roll.

I was throwing random drives. A dude grabbed my disc i told im to put it down than he left with my disc :(

Throwing at a friends house of mine at my Mach Lite catcher. The only thing in between the catcher and where we were driving from was a freshly cut grass field.

Well we each threw about 4 drivers...found all but one. And of course its the bright pink one...

I was throwing random drives. A dude grabbed my disc i told im to put it down than he left with my disc :(

Oh yeah! I mean... that sucks.

Just reminded me of this story. I was playing Acorn in St. Paul, MN - one of the first discs I owned was a dx Shark, one of only 3 I owned at the time. My drive landed in the middle of the fairway. Dad and his son walk up to it and look at it, I wave and say "hey" assuming that they'd get the message. As I approached to play my lie, it was gone... they must have walked off with it, wtf.

I was in a group of 4 driving my aviar on a 150' downhill hole in very open woods. You can see the whole thing from the top. We looked for 30 minutes and never found it. I still wonder what happened to it. We all saw where it landed and there is no way anyone took it because you can see the whole hole from the fairway and the tee.

Latest posts