• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lapping Memorial DCG in Clarksville, IN

culinarywiz

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Just curious.

Planning to hit a few courses while down in the Louisville, KY region and noticed Lapping Memorial DGC in Clarksville, IN. Looks like 85 DGCR players have hit it with zero reviews? Description says championship caliber.

Anyone with info on this course?

I think reviews were turned off until teepads were finally finished recently. It's a strong 90% old-growth wooded course with 2 pads per hole. Each pad provides a very different look. The gold pads are super tough and the blues are much more forgiving. The locals play a "green" layout that is a great mix of both. The green layout is listed in UDisc.

I'd highly recommend Lapping. I'd also check out Severin Lang and Buffalo Trace if you can swing it. Wendell Moore is a newer gem 20 min north of Louisville right off I71. Hard to argue these days with the Louisville stalwarts Charlie Vettiner and Iroquois, who both received new baskets in the last year.

I think reviews were turned off until teepads were finally finished recently. It's a strong 90% old-growth wooded course with 2 pads per hole. Each pad provides a very different look. The gold pads are super tough and the blues are much more forgiving. The locals play a "green" layout that is a great mix of both. The green layout is listed in UDisc.

I'd highly recommend Lapping. I'd also check out Severin Lang and Buffalo Trace if you can swing it. Wendell Moore is a newer gem 20 min north of Louisville right off I71. Hard to argue these days with the Louisville stalwarts Charlie Vettiner and Iroquois, who both received new baskets in the last year.

I second this.

If you can't get to all of the courses and have to sacrifice one, I recommend skipping Iroquois.

My recommended grouping based on proximity:

Buffalo Trace and Seviren Lang and possibly Lapping Memorial

Wendall Moore and Lapping Memorial or Charlie Vettiner

Charlie Vettiner and Iroquois

The New Albany course wasn't installed by the time I moved so I can't tell if it is good or not. Apparently, it is a pay-to-play. I don't know if it has changed, but Buffalo Trace is a pay-to-play based on the time of the year.

Seviren Lang and Wendall Moore require more distance shots with some technical shots.

Lapping Memorial, Buffalo Trace, and Charlie Vettiner require more technical shots with some distance shots.

Hope that helps

Appreciate the input everyone.

Sounds like I'm going to have to hit Lapping.

Planning to team it with Wendell Moore, New Albany DCG and Buffalo Trace.

Already played Iroquoise, Severin Lang and Charlie Vettiner. The latter two are in my favorites.

Thanks again!

Latest posts