• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Diamond

There are 150 class Rivers now too. Diamond is a fine disc, but a 150 class River? Fuggetaboutit.

The Japan Open requires sub-160g weights, which I'd guess is one reason for a 150-class River. But I agree that it's a 'fuggetaboutit' disc...

Can anyone tell me how stable the air opto diamonds are, when compared to the regular opto diamonds?

My wife carries 3 different optos, and they all fly a little different.
Lately her least stable one doesn't always hold a turn.
She has been having hand/wrist problems lately, and can't throw very hard.

So I was just trying to find her something super duper flippy until she is back to throwing normal

Can anyone tell me how stable the air opto diamonds are, when compared to the regular opto diamonds?

My wife carries 3 different optos, and they all fly a little different.
Lately her least stable one doesn't always hold a turn.
She has been having hand/wrist problems lately, and can't throw very hard.

So I was just trying to find her something super duper flippy until she is back to throwing normal

I still throw Diamonds for warm-ups, or for form fine-tuning at a field. IME, the difference in stability between a mid-high 150's Diamond and the sub 150's is significant. So, can only assume that the Air versions would be even more so. Then there's also dome and PLH to consider.

I think the reg Diamonds are plenty light for that. Have no idea why they felt the need to offer 'Air' Diamonds.

I have noticed that the PLH on diamonds will vary some, and is often a very good indicator of how it will fly.
I have just never looked at the air opto diamonds before.

So has anybody got their mitts on a +170 Carat Diamond yet? I'd be interested in trying one just to see....

Monkey, I've got one. Flies exactly like a Latitude 64 Maul for reference. Slightly more stable than an Underworld. Pretty close to a Discraft Heat for another comparison.

Picked up my first forehand ace with it. Good disc.

Monkey, I've got one. Flies exactly like a Latitude 64 Maul for reference. Slightly more stable than an Underworld. Pretty close to a Discraft Heat for another comparison.

I could almost swear they are the same mold. Same goes for the pearl and the patrol. I think the patrol was just a max weight pearl.

Any comparable to a star sidewinder?

Looks like Lat64 starting to make "halo discs"
diamondgoldorbit5.jpg

Looks like Lat64 starting to make "halo discs"
diamondgoldorbit5.jpg

Anybody managed to get their hands on these? They are my wife's go-to driver and is like to get her one for Crimbo

I did a quick search when this post came up and didn't find any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember getting an emAil from Dynamic that these would be available through their store sometime this month. Sorry, can't find the exact date.

These are currently available on the Lat64 site, but no free shipping.

Yeah. I was going to snag one for my wife for Christmas but the cost of the disc with shipping would be roughly $45 and I don't think it's worth all of that.