• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Havoc

Bikeknut

Bogey Member
Got a new one last week, and BOY it is FLIPPY! :doh: Like a seasoned sidewinder.

Anybody else's fly like this? Did I get a "FRANKENSTEIN" disc?
Color is blue, weight is 171, for those who want to know.

I haven't thrown a sidewinder in a LOOOOONG time, but mine is fairly flippy as well. I'd compare it to a fairly well seasoned pro wraith in its flight. Pretty quick to turnover, but with enough hyzer, it'll stay airborn and fade back hard.

Sounds about right, except mine doesn't come back very much. Flips up and goes straight, then right, then comes back a somewhat. Flies just like a speed 12 sidewinder. I want something a little more stable....Halo?

Go with the Riot, like it has already been said it is like a Wraith. An Opto Halo is closest to a Z Nuke, maybe a little less glide. A Gold Line Halo is a slightly more high speed stable version of an ESP Nuke, again with a little less glide.

Agree with ^ but I get 5-10 ft outta my GL Halo and it seems to float a bit more than a Nuke.. could be the weight though, both my 171 and 172 Nukes are 174 and my Halo is 170

If you want something more stable, I can recommend a Flow. Havn't tried the Riot yet though. Loving Latitude 64!

Don't get me wrong, I like my Havoc, just has NO predictabilty in a headwind. And it needs a bunch of room to work.

The Flow won't be any more stable than the Havoc really. Great disc (I carry one for tailwinds) just not what he's looking for.

i thought it was a little flippy on my first couple chucks, but if you release it flat or a little bit hyzer it will fly very nice and fade at the end. it is quickly winning my approval.

I really like the speed and glide of the havoc, it seems to go a lonnnggg ways with little effort but it isnt very forgiving. i agree it sucks in a head-wind and if the nose comes up it stays that way... it doesnt correct much on that plane. i am finding the more I throw my havoc the more its like a high speed katana. it needs tons of room to work and turn if you want Max-D. Also I dont know what Halos you guys are throwing but mine are way more overstable than a nuke.. id put the havoc and nuke in the same stability category but I think the halo is more like a newer destroyer. personally, if I release the Nuke or havoc flat it will turn all the way over into the dirt for me. both need hyzer upon release. My halos arent like that. i can thrown a halo with Anhyzer full power and it will still come back for me.. When lat64 first released the havoc they said it would be a -1, 3 and now they are saying it is a -2, 3 which is way more accurate. maybe when they get beat in we will know more how they will act. No one has had a havoc long enough to beat in the opto plastic that I know of.. my advice, release it at 80% power with a tiny bit of hyzer and watch it go.. Its like a river for me, If i try to overpower it, it gives very inconsistent results but at a controlled 80% its very nice..

_G