• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Claymore (mid)

I love this Disc! Ended up banging a long birdie with it after my drive came up short. it's somewhere between a buzzz SS and buzzz IMO. I was gonna pick up a shark3 but after getting this one in the pack I might just stick with it.

I played my Trilogy Challenge yesterday and agree stability wise it fits right around a Buzzz SS but a more speed sensitive. If cranked on, it was more flippy than a SS but it wasn't as good at "powering down" as I thought it would be. It would slightly pull out of a anny near the end of the flight, a Buzzz SS holds that line to the ground for me.

I played my Trilogy Challenge yesterday and agree stability wise it fits right around a Buzzz SS but a more speed sensitive. If cranked on, it was more flippy than a SS but it wasn't as good at "powering down" as I thought it would be. It would slightly pull out of a anny near the end of the flight, a Buzzz SS holds that line to the ground for me.

Same here with the Buzzz SS flying all the way out and not coming back, I took my new discs to Horning's Hideout yesterday to play all 3 courses and I ended up using this disc a lot off the tee, especially on the Highlands course where everything is an ace run and it did really well, not as well as my Roc3 but that thing is quickly winning me over, I can't believe it sat in my bag so long without using it.

On another note I am beat, 54 holes Saturday for the Trilogy Challenge( played 3 courses 1 new) and then another 54 holes on 3 new courses yesterday at Horning's, it was awesome but I had nothing left by the time I got home. Shower, water, bedtime.

If only my Claymore wasn't pea soup green. I like the feel of it but I found myself not throwing it because even when knew where it landed it was hard to find.

If only my Claymore wasn't pea soup green. I like the feel of it but I found myself not throwing it because even when knew where it landed it was hard to find.

we got pretty awful colors for Oregon, Lots green pea soup brown dirt, rusted chocolate, dull yellow.

I managed to be first in line and our TD had them laid out and you could pick what you wanted from the table.

I managed to snag the only silver Thief with a red stamp,

1 of 8 Red Claymores but mine was the only one with a marble swirl and blue swamp

and every single Shield was Gray/Stone but I let my gf pick and she grabbed one of the few marble swirls with a Gold Stamp

The TD requested bright colors, I wonder if they ran out already but our tournament was the first day it could happen, the 31st. So if their out of bright colors already I wonder what everyone else will get?

we got pretty awful colors for Oregon, Lots green pea soup brown dirt, rusted chocolate, dull yellow.

I managed to be first in line and our TD had them laid out and you could pick what you wanted from the table.

I managed to snag the only silver Thief with a red stamp,

1 of 8 Red Claymores but mine was the only one with a marble swirl and blue swamp

and every single Shield was Gray/Stone but I let my gf pick and she grabbed one of the few marble swirls with a Gold Stamp

The TD requested bright colors, I wonder if they ran out already but our tournament was the first day it could happen, the 31st. So if their out of bright colors already I wonder what everyone else will get?

The thief and shield are recycled regrind plastic you can't really predict what colors come out of that it all depends on the colors that go in and since it's recycled that can't really be controlled either. You get a lot of dark colors and sometimes solid black or dark colors with swirls and various colors. If they had made the driver and mid in bright colored opto/lucid plastic the cost to the TD would be $30+ and then $40 to the players which would reduce people willing to go at that price.

The thief and shield are recycled regrind plastic you can't really predict what colors come out of that it all depends on the colors that go in and since it's recycled that can't really be controlled either. You get a lot of dark colors and sometimes solid black or dark colors with swirls and various colors. If they had made the driver and mid in bright colored opto/lucid plastic the cost to the TD would be $30+ and then $40 to the players which would reduce people willing to go at that price.

Damn Logic making stuff understandable :p

Damn Logic making stuff understandable :p

It is a little unfortunate that so many came out brown and green and stuff. I understand. I hate those colors too. Should be plenty that go up for sale after people play their events so at least it might be possible to get a few bright ones. I think they've at least decided to release the claymore in opto right after the finale of the trilogy challenges instead of waiting until 2015. I think the thief might be released shortly after too. No idea about the shield.

Felt like a super controllable disc. Could throw and anhyzer line, hyzer line or straight. Great disc and definitely going in my bag. Probably take some throws from my Rocs.

Anyone wants to trade their Thief for an extra Claymore? PM me, mine is red swirl with blue stamp.

My slightly understable mids will have some competition. Reminds me of the Classic Fugitive I lost. Wiggles right without truly turning over, then straight for a long time. Wondering if I can have Verdict, Truth, Claymore and Meteor in the same bag?

^If your bag doesn't hold more than 4 discs you may want to upgrade. I kicked butt with the Claymore during the Thermopylae Challenge, especially for the narrow fairway shots. I'm looking forward to the Opto version. I never liked the Core so the Claymore is a good fit for my all Latitude fetish. Great disc.

I carry a Meteor & a Warship. To me, the Claymore flies like a somewhat shorter Warship, so it fits the straight to *slightly* over-/under-stable slot, while the meteor is a bit more understable to straight. The Warship flies straight to fade, smooth annies, and will glide on low lines, while the Meteor is straight to turn and flies best on higher lines.

Currently my mids are Tursas-Meteor-Warship-Verdict-Trident/Zone, so my question to you is whether the Claymore will add different lines that will be a significant improvement to your line up. If it does, then carry it (until you change your mind ;))

If you need help with bag selection you should post in the Bags forum. Here's the link: My Nutsac is too small

Anywho, back to the Claymore, I'm looking forward to giving that bad boy some airtime Saturday. I wonder if there are any mold parts it shares with other Latitude discs?

Latest posts